• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

It's here! ScotsSkier's Annual Race Closet Clearance Sale, Part 1: Race Skis, Boots, Bindings

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, it's that time of year again! The first snow has fallen in Tahoe, the areas are getting the snow guns ready to go......so it must be time for the annual ScotsSkier closet clearance sale. And the closet is overflowing even more than usual, with some top quality race gear at great prices. So here is Part 1 with skis, boots and bindings. Part 2 to follow with protective gear and clothing!

Race Skis
IMG_3121.JPG IMG_3122.JPG
Blizzard WC GS FIS W 183/30. 2014. Top class GS ski, fast, good condition. Marker Comp 16s or Comp 20s (your choice) on Marker Piston plate. This ski was fast enough to get me to my first FIS Masters podium. $300

IMG_3123.JPG
Volkl FIS W 188/30 WC GS. 2014 Beautiful condition, only 5 days on this ski. Marker Piston plate with Marker Comp 16s or Comp 20s (your choice). This is probably the best all round of all the 188/30 W GS skis. Awesome flex and progressive turn-in makes it work well on both hard and soft conditions. $325

IMG_3117.JPG
Atomic 183/30 Redster D2 FIS W GS. 2015 . Atomic X16 bindings (or X19s available if you prefer) on the new Atomic plate. Classic Atomic grip and quick hook-up on turn initiation. Good shape, lightly used. Bindings are not the prettiest cosmetically but mechanically good. Great deal @ $250

The three above skis are all Women's FIS legal and also (perhaps more importantly given the very recent change in Regs!) USSA U19 Legal for 2016/17. Great deals on these skis. All fresh tune and wax. The flex pattern on all these FIS W skis makes them a great option for Masters Racers, don't get hung up on the radius, they are a better, and faster!, ski than the previous gen 23/25m FIS W

IMG_3114.JPG
Nordica Doberman WC GS 184/25. 2015 Marker piston plate and Marker Comp 16s or 20s (your choice). This ski is like new and has had 4 runs only! This is the perfect ski for U16s or Masters who prefer a smaller radius ski. Superb condition as you would expect. Awesome deal for a new ski set up at $350

IMG_3132.JPG
Blossom Overlimit Plus GS ski. 189/27m. Tyrolia race plate. A choice of bindings available, depending on what you like. Blossom builds some of the finest quality skis you will find and this is a classic example of that quality. Super ski that can be happily skied as your hard snow or everyday GS ski, more user-friendly and 1mm wider than the Blossom FIS GS ski. This ski has less than 5 days on it, not because I didn't like it but just found myself spending all my time on FIS skis last year. Far too good and too nice a ski to be sitting in my closet so super deal for someone @ $150 w/o bindings
IMG_3112.JPG
Atomic 165 Redster FIS Slalom. This is the new 2016 sidewall construction slalom ski. Atomic race plate with Atomic X19 or X16 binding. Good shape, top sheet is less than perfect - typical of a slalom ski!- but great base condition and lots of edge left. Great opportunity for a late model 165 slalom at a bargain price. $270
IMG_3109.JPG
Head 165 WC Rebel FIS RD Slalom. 2015 Top class slalom ski, Euro race supplied ski, selected for 150# FIS racer, not normally available except to a select few racers!. Head (Tyrolia) race plate with Head RD 16 bindings. Less than 15 days on this ski, was my race ski for a few races at the end of 2015 season. $425
IMG_3138.JPG
Head 165 WC Rebel FIS RD Slalom. New and unused. 2015 The sister ski to the above ski, matched flex. Head RD 16 bindings available if required. $425 ski only
IMG_3129.JPG
Volkl 157 FIS W WC Slalom. Marker Piston plate, marker Comp 16s. Good condition. One of the most user friendly FIS slalom skis. Great also for lighter/older Masters racers. $250

IMG_2648.JPG
Fischer WC GS 183/27 Hole Ski. 2012 Fischer race plate, Head (Tyrolia) Z16 bindings. Good shape. Note, this ski has the exact same dimensions as the Fischer 183 >23m ski! Actually skis better than the similar 23m (marked) ski which is just softer. Terrific deal for a quality GS ski. $130

Fischer WC GS 183/27 Hole Ski. 2012 sister ski to above but even better condition and less use. Fischer race plate, Head (Tyrolia) Z16 bindings. Good shape,. Note, this ski has the exact same dimensions as the Fischer 183 >23m ski! Actually skis better than the similar 23m (marked) ski which is just softer. Terrific deal for a quality GS ski. $150

Non-race Skis

Blizzard Viva Magnum 8.1 women's skis.165 Fitted with new Fischer (Tyrolia) X13 bindings mounted on Blizzard IQ plate which allows you to move the mount position around on the ski. This is a top-of-the-line womens all-mountain ski with dimensions of 165 length, 121-81-106, 16m radius. These have been used for 3 runs only (!) and have a full tune and wax. Bought these for my wife a couple of years ago but due to her travel schedule she has limited ski time. So, a tremendous deal for someone on a top class ski! $320

All skis come with fresh tune and wax and bindings mounted to your BSL.

Boots

IMG_2289.JPG
Atomic Redster WC 150, 24.0, new in box. A top class race boot at a rock bottom price. 95mm last, lace-up liner, 284 BSL. And unlike so many plug boots this does not require sole planing before use. $150

Bindings

Fischer RC4 Z16 FreeFlex Race Service binding, new in box. Din 8-16. This is the real deal 16 Din Tyrolia family race binding. All metal toe and heel housings Screw heel adjustment with much greater adjustment range than the cheaper Z16 and a proper toe AFD rather than the track on the standard Z16 . Top class binding as used by virtually all Fischer/Tyrolia/Head racers up to WC level on slalom skis, and GS and speed skis for lighter and junior racers . Fantastic deal @ $160- compare to $399+ racer price!

Fischer RC4 Z20 FreeFlex Race Service binding, new in box. Din range 10-20 This is the range topping race binding from the Tyrolia family. specs as the RD16 above - Screw heel adjustment and proper toe AFD. Top class binding as used by virtually all Fischer/Tyrolia/Head racers up to WC level on speed and GS skis. Fantastic deal @ $160 - compare to $399+ racer price!

Marker Comp 20s. Still the preferred binding of choice for most Marker Athletes (and also Marcel Hirscher on his atomic skis!) rather than the newer - and less durable - Xcel binding. All metal and bombproof and getting much harder to find. Din range 11-20 perfect for Blizzard, Volkl and Nordica race skis with the factory marker piston plate. $110

All prices plus shipping or pick up in North Tahoe

Attachments

• IMG_2499.JPG
    IMG_2499.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2376.JPG
    IMG_2376.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 49

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a lot of life remaining in my Atomic SL 2015-s but that's a great price on the 2016-s. How many days would you estimate they've been skied? All by you? Tune detail?

TS
ScotsSkier

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a lot of life remaining in my Atomic SL 2015-s but that's a great price on the 2016-s. How many days would you estimate they've been skied? All by you? Tune detail?

Not mine, they came in a trade form one of the kids. Will put the bevel meter on to check on the tune.

TS
ScotsSkier

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, what a great response! And as a thanks to PugSki, and to help support the site, I will donate 3% of sales price to Pugski for all stuff sold and paid by check or PayPal Gift. !:beercheer:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do you have anything left?

TS
ScotsSkier

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
:) yes, still got lots of great stuff at great deals! Currently the Volkl GS and Atomic Boots are sold, the Atomic Slaloms and one pair of Fischer GS are pending.

TS
ScotsSkier

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Atomic slaloms and blizzard GS sold. Still lots of great gear though and I really need to clear some space. Part 2, protective gear, race suits and clothing coming next week!

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Skis arrived, amazingly well packed! Thanks.

I really have appreciated your knowledgeable evaluations of race skis and equipment over the years, much thanks again.

Hope you podium many times this year, if so inclined!

(And let us know the latest about what skis worked best.)

TS
ScotsSkier

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Weekend Bump! Still some great deals on top class race skis here!.

Also a couple of new options to add (gotta stop taking trades or I will never get space in the closet!!)

2015 Atomic 155 FIS slalom with Atomic X12 bindings. great condition! $250

Blizzard 182/25 WC GS Marker 16s or 20s. Funny how somethings keep coming back, with a great province. these were my race skis a couple of seasons ago that got me the Far West class title. Sold to a U16 who was injured most of the season and has now bought some of my 188s.. this was selected Blizzard race stock vis the US race director. Great ski! $275

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Ha! 23cm over my head? Naw. Can't see it. Still have to buy bindings for the Fleres, anyway (on a Catholic school teacher's salary, it's one object of desire at a time, please).

TS
ScotsSkier

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Bump. New Head slaloms SOLD. Other Head slaloms no longer available (realized I was down to 2 pairs myself! :)

Paback

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Well, it's that time of year again! The first snow has fallen in Tahoe, the areas are getting the snow guns ready to go......so it must be time for the annual ScotsSkier closet clearance sale. And the closet is overflowing even more than usual, with some top quality race gear at great prices. So here is Part 1 with skis, boots and bindings. Part 2 to follow with protective gear and clothing!

Race Skis
Blizzard WC GS FIS W 183/30. 2014. Top class GS ski, fast, good condition. Marker Comp 16s or Comp 20s (your choice) on Marker Piston plate. This ski was fast enough to get me to my first FIS Masters podium. $300

Volkl FIS W 188/30 WC GS. 2014 Beautiful condition, only 5 days on this ski. Marker Piston plate with Marker Comp 16s or Comp 20s (your choice). This is probably the best all round of all the 188/30 W GS skis. Awesome flex and progressive turn-in makes it work well on both hard and soft conditions. $325

Atomic 183/30 Redster D2 FIS W GS. 2015 . Atomic X16 bindings (or X19s available if you prefer) on the new Atomic plate. Classic Atomic grip and quick hook-up on turn initiation. Good shape, lightly used. Bindings are not the prettiest cosmetically but mechanically good. Great deal @ $250

The three above skis are all Women's FIS legal and also (perhaps more importantly given the very recent change in Regs!) USSA U19 Legal for 2016/17. Great deals on these skis. All fresh tune and wax. The flex pattern on all these FIS W skis makes them a great option for Masters Racers, don't get hung up on the radius, they are a better, and faster!, ski than the previous gen 23/25m FIS W

Nordica Doberman WC GS 184/25. 2015 Marker piston plate and Marker Comp 16s or 20s (your choice). This ski is like new and has had 4 runs only! This is the perfect ski for U16s or Masters who prefer a smaller radius ski. Superb condition as you would expect. Awesome deal for a new ski set up at $350

Blossom Overlimit Plus GS ski. 189/27m. Tyrolia race plate. A choice of bindings available, depending on what you like. Blossom builds some of the finest quality skis you will find and this is a classic example of that quality. Super ski that can be happily skied as your hard snow or everyday GS ski, more user-friendly and 1mm wider than the Blossom FIS GS ski. This ski has less than 5 days on it, not because I didn't like it but just found myself spending all my time on FIS skis last year. Far too good and too nice a ski to be sitting in my closet so super deal for someone @ $150 w/o bindings
Atomic 165 Redster FIS Slalom. This is the new 2016 sidewall construction slalom ski. Atomic race plate with Atomic X19 or X16 binding. Good shape, top sheet is less than perfect - typical of a slalom ski!- but great base condition and lots of edge left. Great opportunity for a late model 165 slalom at a bargain price. $270
Head 165 WC Rebel FIS RD Slalom. 2015 Top class slalom ski, Euro race supplied ski, selected for 150# FIS racer, not normally available except to a select few racers!. Head (Tyrolia) race plate with Head RD 16 bindings. Less than 15 days on this ski, was my race ski for a few races at the end of 2015 season. $425
Head 165 WC Rebel FIS RD Slalom. New and unused. 2015 The sister ski to the above ski, matched flex. Head RD 16 bindings available if required. $425 ski only
Volkl 157 FIS W WC Slalom. Marker Piston plate, marker Comp 16s. Good condition. One of the most user friendly FIS slalom skis. Great also for lighter/older Masters racers. $250

View attachment 14395
Fischer WC GS 183/27 Hole Ski. 2012 Fischer race plate, Head (Tyrolia) Z16 bindings. Good shape. Note, this ski has the exact same dimensions as the Fischer 183 >23m ski! Actually skis better than the similar 23m (marked) ski which is just softer. Terrific deal for a quality GS ski. $130

Fischer WC GS 183/27 Hole Ski. 2012 sister ski to above but even better condition and less use. Fischer race plate, Head (Tyrolia) Z16 bindings. Good shape,. Note, this ski has the exact same dimensions as the Fischer 183 >23m ski! Actually skis better than the similar 23m (marked) ski which is just softer. Terrific deal for a quality GS ski. $150

Non-race Skis

Blizzard Viva Magnum 8.1 women's skis.165 Fitted with new Fischer (Tyrolia) X13 bindings mounted on Blizzard IQ plate which allows you to move the mount position around on the ski. This is a top-of-the-line womens all-mountain ski with dimensions of 165 length, 121-81-106, 16m radius. These have been used for 3 runs only (!) and have a full tune and wax. Bought these for my wife a couple of years ago but due to her travel schedule she has limited ski time. So, a tremendous deal for someone on a top class ski! $320

All skis come with fresh tune and wax and bindings mounted to your BSL.

Boots

Atomic Redster WC 150, 24.0, new in box. A top class race boot at a rock bottom price. 95mm last, lace-up liner, 284 BSL. And unlike so many plug boots this does not require sole planing before use. $150

Bindings

Fischer RC4 Z16 FreeFlex Race Service binding, new in box. Din 8-16. This is the real deal 16 Din Tyrolia family race binding. All metal toe and heel housings Screw heel adjustment with much greater adjustment range than the cheaper Z16 and a proper toe AFD rather than the track on the standard Z16 . Top class binding as used by virtually all Fischer/Tyrolia/Head racers up to WC level on slalom skis, and GS and speed skis for lighter and junior racers . Fantastic deal @ $160- compare to $399+ racer price!

Fischer RC4 Z20 FreeFlex Race Service binding, new in box. Din range 10-20 This is the range topping race binding from the Tyrolia family. specs as the RD16 above - Screw heel adjustment and proper toe AFD. Top class binding as used by virtually all Fischer/Tyrolia/Head racers up to WC level on speed and GS skis. Fantastic deal @ $160 - compare to $399+ racer price!

Marker Comp 20s. Still the preferred binding of choice for most Marker Athletes (and also Marcel Hirscher on his atomic skis!) rather than the newer - and less durable - Xcel binding. All metal and bombproof and getting much harder to find. Din range 11-20 perfect for Blizzard, Volkl and Nordica race skis with the factory marker piston plate. $110

All prices plus shipping or pick up in North Tahoe

Sponsor