• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Is it too early to start thinking about Mother's Day 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My first Mother's Day at Abasin was 2008 which would have been my 31st that Monday. Our first meet up in person was earlier that year when @Tricia came to Copper. But, I agree, I can't decide whether that feels like yesterday or forever ago.
http://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/divas-and-bears-ski-copper-mountain-1-25.2763/

I need to start looking at lodging for that week. I've been buried in planning for some work trips and completely forgot about doing that.
Wow. The Diva posts (and that other site's posts) were a fun trip down memory lane....

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Never been to A-Basin, what are the ticket prices like after April 30? (since that's the latest date they reference for ticket prices on their website). I'm looking at a trip to Austin TX either late April or early May, might as well think about the Mother's Day GTG

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I can ban you, ya know.

But but but. Seriously though, I look at you and several other of our friends as people I hope to emulate as I get older. You don't let a number slow you down, heck, I often times can't keep up with you people! I've known people who freaked out about turning 40 whereas I'm just using it as an excuse to celebrate more.

James

Out There
Instructor
Never been to A-Basin, what are the ticket prices like after April 30? (since that's the latest date they reference for ticket prices on their website). I'm looking at a trip to Austin TX either late April or early May, might as well think about the Mother's Day GTG
There's usually a Spring pass that's good till closing. I think 4 days makes that worth it. Maybe 3. Then there's the Spring plus next season pass for like another hundred $. I've had a few of those and currently have a season pass though I'm on the east coast. I blame it on @Tricia. Caught the virus years ago from her driving to Aspen. We had to stop at ABasin to pick up her season pass.
"Wait, what? You live in Michigan!"
- "Yeah. So?..."

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
There's usually a Spring pass that's good till closing. I think 4 days makes that worth it. Maybe 3. Then there's the Spring plus next season pass for like another hundred $. I've had a few of those and currently have a season pass though I'm on the east coast. I blame it on @Tricia. Caught the virus years ago from her driving to Aspen. We had to stop at ABasin to pick up her season pass.
- "Yeah. So?..."
Doesn't everyone have an ABasin pass?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Once we get done with The Gathering here in Whistler... @Tricia will get started on Mothers Day at The Basin, and I will finish up what we need for Stowe in April...if there is an April.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tickets are pretty affordable at that time, but like James said in this post......

- "Yeah. So?..."
What really makes sense is to get the Arapahoe Basin pass for the following year which starts when you buy it in the spring, so you can use it for two seasons, then wait and do it all over again in two years.
@James you never thanked me for my influence :D

James

Out There
Instructor
@James you never thanked me for my influence :D
Yes, thank you for giving me the skiing equivalent of mad cow disease. Now I have to go to Abasin every May! Killington just doesn't cut it.

For those who are contemplating -go. Conditions range from full winter with pow to 60 deg sticky stuff at bottom. You never know. When it's sunny, it is sunny! No where to hide.

IMG_1280.JPG
May 10th, 2016
I met this guy on an Abasin free tour. We ran into him and his two buddies in the woods in Montezuma. They've been skiing Abay for decades. He wanted to show us the remains of this cabin skier's left of Falcon. In the late 70's, early 80's he had launched off the roof while people were partying at tge cabin.
That snow was as good as it looks.

IMG_0552.JPG
May 10th 2014. Me in the woods in Montezuma. Left of so called @SkiNurse 's woods.

IMG_0361.JPG
May 10th 2013. @KevinF shows off his new coat. Lenawee lift to right. Snow was cold. Few inches of new pow.

IMG_0376.JPG
May 11th 2013. Some of the skis early am at the Beach which is off the parking lot. Lots more to come. Elevation 10,800 ft, 3292 meters. This is why there's snow. Not a lot of skiing in the European Alps above 3,300 meters.

IMG_0380.JPG
May 11th 2013 retro day Beach Party. @Philpug and @Tricia.

Last edited:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I didn't get the Epic Pass this year but I seem to be paying for it nonetheless.

Maybe I'll just bartend. That way VR gets nothing from me bah ha ha...

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I didn't get the Epic Pass this year but I seem to be paying for it nonetheless.

If you buy an Abasin pass or ticket VR doesn't get anything from you anyhow since they are not a VR, just have an agreement that allows use of the Epic Pass there.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Arapahoe Basin has their own Spring Pass and Season Pass that has nothing to do with VR.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@James Correction: Those are called my Boner Trees. :rolleyes:

James

Out There
Instructor
Is it too early to start a roll call?

(Once you're there no one pays any attention to the roll call).

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is it too early to start a roll call?

(Once you're there no one pays any attention to the roll call).
I dunno. If I'm going to this I want spreadsheets on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online