• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Is it too early to start thinking about Mother's Day 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I'd like to be there. But I'm not sure you'll find me on that one run ...

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Maybe you should get back on that horse, Monique, after you're totally whole again.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes/No/Maybe.
Abasin in May is where you go to find the winter that left the rest of the country.
Mother's Day is almost a week later this year than last, so you ought to arrive early rather than leaving late.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Mother's Day is almost a week later this year than last, so you ought to arrive early rather than leaving late.

Or ... do both?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Good point!
I heard they renamed Lenawee Face to .... Monique's Dive?

=/

It was NOT a dive! Perhaps they could call it "Bounce. Swoosh. Cartwheel" ... I would also accept "Monique's Folly"!

Is that why they call it "Break neck speed"?

Good thing it wasn't that! From how it felt and how others reported it - I'm probably lucky my head is all in one piece.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
BUMP

Given how late mother's day falls this year...I'm afraid that Pali on the 14th is a very risky bet. The 7th sounds much better :)

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
BUMP

Given how late mother's day falls this year...I'm afraid that Pali on the 14th is a very risky bet. The 7th sounds much better :)

Are you suggesting that the Mother's Day gathering be moved to a different day? I suspect you'll meet much resistance on that idea. Me included. I literally plan my work schedule, including travel, around the knowledge of this gathering. Mother's Day at Abasin has been held on Mother's Day for 10 years running now. The only exception was the year it was closed and even then people gathered for good times. There are often people (including @Philpug and @Tricia) around for skiing in the couple weeks leading up to it and often for several days/weeks after as well.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Friday the 12th will be my 40th birthday. I plan to celebrate entering my fuck it forties with good friends and on skis. I'll likely need a DD.

Wow, do I remember your 30th at ABasin? Is that when we met? I can't decide if that seems like a long time ago, or just yesterday.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, do I remember your 30th at ABasin? Is that when we met? I can't decide if that seems like a long time ago, or just yesterday.

My first Mother's Day at Abasin was 2008 which would have been my 31st that Monday. Our first meet up in person was earlier that year when @Tricia came to Copper. But, I agree, I can't decide whether that feels like yesterday or forever ago.
http://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/divas-and-bears-ski-copper-mountain-1-25.2763/

I need to start looking at lodging for that week. I've been buried in planning for some work trips and completely forgot about doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.