• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Is anyone skiing Wagner custom skis?

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And if so then please briefly explain your setup and your impression of them.....

Thanks.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think someone posted not too long ago that they have a pair being built right now. I skied a pair for a day when a group of us did Irwin Cat skiing and enjoyed them but can't say much more than that.

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think someone posted not too long ago that they have a pair being built right now. I skied a pair for a day when a group of us did Irwin Cat skiing and enjoyed them but can't say much more than that.
Yea, I saw that post awhile back. He did his own top sheet graphic.....

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
I have a pair of Wagners. Specifically pair #2011-142. They are 171cm, 134-95-118. The dimensions were agreed on in conversations with Pete Wagner via email and phone. The conversations covered where and how I skied, what I wanted the skis to do, and what materials I wanted (edges, base, etc.). As I'd skied for a long time, I pretty much knew what I wanted. I was told when the skis were to be delivered to the house, and sure enough when the day came so did the skis. Not to get too technical here, but the sure as hell do/did what I wanted and expected.

How did the font change? They've been skied many, many days, way over 100 (I ski 100+ day seasons), and even though I have different skis for different conditions, the Wagners have pretty much been in everything. Think I even got a Platinum medal on a NASTAR course with'em, which wasn't the intended use of the skis. I'm quite happy with the skis and will continue to use them when I feel like it. Wife has a pair too. As her preferences were different than mine the pairs are not mirror images, but she too is happy with her skis.

Did I say too much?

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
Mishka I did not try any Wagners before I bought a pair. I've often purchased skis I didn't try first, and it hasn't caused me any grief. Just lucky I guess. As the Wagners are custom made to the buyers preferences, you really couldn't try'em before you bought'em. Well, you could ski on a pair of Wagners, but they wouldn't necessarily be anything like the pair made for you.

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Mishka I did not try any Wagners before I bought a pair. I've often purchased skis I didn't try first, and it hasn't caused me any grief. Just lucky I guess. As the Wagners are custom made to the buyers preferences, you really couldn't try'em before you bought'em. Well, you could ski on a pair of Wagners, but they wouldn't necessarily be anything like the pair made for you.

thank you.
I know all too well concept about couldn't try before building the skis. However my approach different to designing and building custom skis. I want people to try skis I built from same/similar category their feedback give me better picture when design a pair for someone.

Glad it's working out for you without test drive

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Eric Edelstein

ExoticSkis
Skier
Industry Insider
We've had a good number of days on a few Wagner custom skis over several years...(Tom from our crew here in Vermont bought a pair...that should say something in itself!....truly one of my favorite skis...if only I could get Tom to sell them to me..."over my dead body" ...he keeps saying....hmmmm)...and Pete makes some absolutely awesome skis.....at a price. Superb craftsmanship and quality, truly impressive performance and huge performance envelopes are the hallmarks of Pete's skis. I would not hesitate to recommend Wagners to anyone, especially if they can articulate what kinds of skis they love, which models of other brands made them happy, where you ski, how you ski....etc.

Old review:
http://www.exoticskis.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=279

I personally think Pete Wagner is one of the godfathers of custom, hand-crafted ski business, and his ability to make skis people love for season after season is impressive. His business has lasted and grown for years, so that should tell you something. You pay a premium for his skis, but I've skied several models with several seasons of hard use on them, and their performance and personality stays right-on the mark every time...so they have staying power...

Great skis, great guy.

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We've had a good number of days on a few Wagner custom skis over several years...(Tom from our crew here in Vermont bought a pair...that should say something in itself!....truly one of my favorite skis...if only I could get Tom to sell them to me..."over my dead body" ...he keeps saying....hmmmm)...and Pete makes some absolutely awesome skis.....at a price. Superb craftsmanship and quality, truly impressive performance and huge performance envelopes are the hallmarks of Pete's skis. I would not hesitate to recommend Wagners to anyone, especially if they can articulate what kinds of skis they love, which models of other brands made them happy, where you ski, how you ski....etc.

Old review:
http://www.exoticskis.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=279

I personally think Pete Wagner is one of the godfathers of custom, hand-crafted ski business, and his ability to make skis people love for season after season is impressive. His business has lasted and grown for years, so that should tell you something. You pay a premium for his skis, but I've skied several models with several seasons of hard use on them, and their performance and personality stays right-on the mark every time...so they have staying power...

Great skis, great guy.
Thank you...

Sponsor

Staff online