• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

In lieu of a facemask - Anti-Freeze Face Tape

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
http://www.backcountry.com/buff-ori...gclid=CJW_0tyFuNECFQ6CaQodk40Mtw&gclsrc=aw.ds

THIN! I think this thickness is optimal.
ENE.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Fairly common among racers over/up here. My daughter has used it (or similar) on speed practice a few times when the temperature has dropped.

drewski

Putting on skis
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like my Smartwool neck thingies, have a thin one and a double layer one , really cold days have used Berts Bees lip balm on my nose, keeps it from freezing

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
I'm afraid of freaky looking clowns and the model for this product is getting very close to that place.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia , not that it matters, but the thread title has a typo (anit for anti) ...
Thanks for catching that. I guess my fingers typed faster than my brain could catch up

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Multi-Use Duct Tape
DUCT TAPE multi use.jpg

...or perhaps even Scotch Tape
Pee-wee-scotch-tape.jpg

Last edited:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Hmmm, I wonder if this is essentially made from KT tape? Or if KT tape would do essentially the same thing? And they make a flesh colored version.

Surely if it's made from KT Tape it will also have the properties of curing the common cold or brain cancer by some mumbo jumbo woo science?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
^absolutely not. The second woo is critical here.

BTW, I can't believe we're on the second page of this thread and no one's offered to build a facemask out of Legos.

3-Colors-Set_600x600.jpg

Mikey

Getting on the lift
Skier
I think that is what I'll get next and then modify it with a clear mouth opening. I just want to be able to keep my cheeks and nose from freezing. Any mouth covering has to to be clear from even a mesh as the moisture buildup happens quick and can't stand it. That gaiter looks like it can be pulled up and down very easy and would stay in place.

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Maybe on race day if it's a speed event and it's cold enough. Other than that I don't think I would try it.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid