• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

In lieu of a facemask - Anti-Freeze Face Tape

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This came through my inbox. I'm not sure what to think of it.
Anyone here use it?
Would anyone here consider using it?
Thoughts?

Anit-Freeze Face Tape
Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 6.45.54 AM.png

Reactions: Ron

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
$4.99 for a non-reuseable product that doesn't come close to covering the whole face? (i.e., the website states that "Once positioned, do not move, or reapply").

I'm not enamored with Turtle Fur neck warmers (they tend to get icy), but with my typical 50 day a season, this product gets real expensive real fast.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I wouldn't do it. When it's that cold I prefer my whole face covered and my furry neck gator thing that goes up and over my head fully meets my needs. Seems silly to put tape on your face when you can't remove it when you go in for lunch or just inside to warm up.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Perhaps if it were a frigid day it would be a good addition to a standard neck gaiter but I would not use it regularly instead of one.

$4.99 for a non-reuseable product that doesn't come close to covering the whole face? (i.e., the website states that "Once positioned, do not move, or reapply").

I'm not enamored with Turtle Fur neck warmers (they tend to get icy), but with my typical 50 day a season, this product gets real expensive real fast.

I love my Smartwool gaiter and believe @SBrown likes hers as well and use either a microfiber or wool buff when not quite as cold. I also picked up a Bambool one this fall and want to love it but it's a bit too loose so it falls down. I think I'm going to have a friend throw another seam in it to tighten it up. The turtle fur ones I have are in my bag strictly for emergencies or when friends need to borrow one.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I hate to admit it, but even if this is the best product ever, it just looks too ridiculous.

On the other hand, I like the idea of skin protection that doesn't block my air ways or result in moisture all over my face from breathing.

I have Smartwool, knitted, turtle fur, Buffs, and several polyester-style synthetics. I seem to have settled on a Phunction as the least obnoxious choice. It's easy to push down and doesn't get as wet as others. But I really hate something blocking my breathing - probably related to my mild claustrophobia.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Smart-dressed Man!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I really like my Buff. Its moisture wicking and comfortable. I just can't imagine sticking something to my face like that.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I use super thin buffs but I would like to have some kind of flesh colored tape to protect my nose. its very sensitive and often its the only part of my face that gets cold enough to be painful. my issue with this product is that i dont need all the other areas of protection so its a waste. I gotta imagine I would get some zits from this too! :)

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmmm, I wonder if this is essentially made from KT tape? Or if KT tape would do essentially the same thing? And they make a flesh colored version.

Reactions: Ron

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Got a sample of that at our CSIA convention this year. Like everyone is saying $$.

I like: View attachment 18297

It's only the piece over the nose and cheeks. You can use what ever type of neck gaiter you like!

www.facesavermask.com

The face saver mask is light neoprene and fleece. It doesn't restrict the nose/breathing. And it's washable!!

I have one. It still feels like too much on my nose. I can bear to wear it on the lift, but then it still wraps the nose for the way down, so I drag it off, and then it hides somewhere inside my collar and I can't get it to stay put anymore.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Look who is in the picture..a XC skier..this is all about shaving grams and aerodynamics.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
comfort too. most masks are still too heavy which is why i like buffs. if the tape was available by the roll, i would try it.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I love my Smartwool gaiter and believe @SBrown likes hers as well and use either a microfiber or wool buff when not quite as cold. I also picked up a Bambool one this fall and want to love it but it's a bit too loose so it falls down. I think I'm going to have a friend throw another seam in it to tighten it up. The turtle fur ones I have are in my bag strictly for emergencies or when friends need to borrow one.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try out a buff or a smartwool gaiter.

Sponsor