• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bozzenhagen

Getting off the lift
Skier
Based on a 150 day season (and Loveland Ski Area only), $3,125/mo in rent in Silverthorne, is $770 cheaper annually than $2,500/mo rent in Golden, CO.

Home-ownership (if living in it) is quirky since it is entirely reliant on the cost of the home rising over various costs to churn a profit, if viewing it as an "investment" ($maintanence/yr, taxes, HOA, downpayment killing compound interest accumulation, inflation). Unless you got lucky, like 2020.

Bleh, I still plan to buy one.

Last edited:

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
I, for one, would like to see the I70 express lanes open 365x24, less actual snow-impacted days. I understand the express lane openings are limited, to something like 105 days a year, to comply with some silly federal law relating to sub-standard lane width, but if a lane is safe to drive in 105 days a year, it certainly must be safe enough to drive in 365 days a year (less snow-impacted days).
And, I echo the posts above about more meaningful enforcement of traction laws.

The pic in the article of the snow biker in the Friday the 13th mask is simply outstanding.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
IMG_9194.jpeg

For those who haven't seen, this is how they've done it in the canyon. I think I read it's GVWR 26000.

OSD

Getting on the lift
Skier
I, for one, would like to see the I70 express lanes open 365x24, less actual snow-impacted days.

I'd like to see at least the weekend schedule extend through April. That stretch was jam packed and I saw a lot of cars ignoring the closure as a result, to the tune of heavy fines I'm sure. I entered the westbound lane from an unauthorized spot in Feb and learned my $75 lesson.

Last edited:

Sponsor