• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How to select the right goggle lens

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
Thanks for sharing! We wanted to make it an all encompassing "How to choose the right goggles" article, but just didn't have time as that started to turn into what felt like a 15 page document. Down the road we're hoping to build off this.

Also, we encourage anyone to get in touch with us if you're confused about goggle lenses. It's sometimes tough to figure out what lenses go with certain frame colors, especially from Poc, and we're still working on how to make it as easy and straight forward as possible.

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
Everyone's eyes are different. Some very highly regarded stormy weather lenses don't work well for me. Others work great. I suggest that anyone buying goggles go into a shop on a gray day, get permission to take several goggles to the window, and see which lens brings out the contrast best for your eyes.

Interchangeable lenses? Lots'a luck finding what you want. Too many brands, too many frame shapes & sizes from each brand, too many lens options. Maybe try a goggle of your make & model with a different lens through the window of the shop, then buy from the maker, but I prefer to buy where I try.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@PTskier good points.
Often I will actually walk a guest outside to show the way the lens' work. I suppose I could get into trouble for doing that but I think its the best way for someone to see what they can see.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Years ago I was teaching an autistic student. He hated wearing goggles. Then his parents tried clear goggles. That was the key, he did not like the color changes that tinted googles created. From then on he enjoyed wearing googles while on the slopes. Just something to remember when fitting goggles to any kid.