• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How bad is a bad ski boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bawbawbel

Booting up
Pass Pulled
Thinking recreational , firm and comfortable is mandatory. W hat else?
I sometimes prefer these. (old meets new...)
bootsss.JPG

Pump-up liners. mmm

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Boots should be responsive to the wearer's foot movements. There is a difference between discomfort and pain. Boots should not cause pain. If they are "bedroom slipper" comfortable, they probably are not responsive.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Boots, as a peice of equipment, are the transmission of your energy to the ski, you want them to work as efficient as possible.

As far as the OP's post on with the Raichle RX960, not sure if trolling but I will take the bait. But back the question at hand, rear entry boots used mechanisms and devices to control the foot esentially moving it further from the shell creating even more of a disconnect between the foot and the ski. An overlap shell, actually brings the shell to the foot making a more efficient tranmission to the ski. Lastly, "air" in not a fit device, pumps have never worked and should not be even considered under any circumstance.

TS
bawbawbel

bawbawbel

Booting up
Pass Pulled
Boots, as a peice of equipment, are the transmission of your energy to the ski, you want them to work as efficient as possible.

As far as the OP's post on with the Raichle RX960, not sure if trolling but I will take the bait. But back the question at hand, rear entry boots used mechanisms and devices to control the foot esentially moving it further from the shell creating even more of a disconnect between the foot and the ski. An overlap shell, actually brings the shell to the foot making a more efficient tranmission to the ski. Lastly, "air" in not a fit device, pumps have never worked and should not be even considered under any circumstance.
Thanks, I just like them for lazy skiing. Adjustable firming of flex and release of the Burton "power straps" on the lift. Since they cost nothing I consider them good value :)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks, I just like them for lazy skiing. Adjustable firming of flex and release of the Burton "power straps" on the lift. Since they cost nothing I consider them good value :)
I am sorry but I will respectfully disagree. A skier can ski lazily in a proper well fitting boot. There is always a cost for not costing anything. Consider the fact that these are made of 25 plus year old plastic, there is an inherent risk of them just breaking at any time. This site is about ski talk at a higher level. I am sorry but we just cannot condone any reason to use antiquated designs. Let this be a warning to those reading this thread, which is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.