• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hostage Bindings

Wallace

Booting up
Skier
I was going through my old collection of skis in my garage last week and found an almost new pair of Rossi CX 80s. They are missing the bindings that go with the captive plate on the ski. The skis are flat enough for a set of regular bindings if the plates are removed. Has anyone had any experience with mounting a non captive binding on a captive system? The physical part of the job is easy and straight forward, my concern is will it effect how the skis will handle.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The CS80 was a great ski. That plate will come off of it, it is a flat ski with a adjustable binding, you are not captive with the CS80. I always thought it would be great to put a Marker Piston plate and M16.0 on the CS80 and it would be a rocket of a ski. Do it.

a6861a87ab76bbcfe1c5465acec258f6_starsky-and-hutch-do-it-meme-starsky-and-hutch-do-it-meme_758-555.png

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Definitely do it; I've done it for several skis e.g. Nordics, and never felt performance suffered.

Qualifier: I was mounting free heel bindings.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
The title 'captive' binding threw me...

Most call what you meant to say HOSTAGE binding!

You want the ski, you get the binding, if you want it or not!!!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The title 'captive' binding threw me...

Most call what you meant to say HOSTAGE binding!

You want the ski, you get the binding, if you want it or not!!!
Changed.

TS
W

Wallace

Booting up
Skier
Yes, hostage was the word I was looking for. Not sure which bindings I will use, got lots of choices. I just wanted to be sure that the skis will perform well enough for my kid to use as a rec ski.

Sponsor

Staff online