• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hi from Norcal

smallfeet

Booting up
Skier
Hey, I've been reading this forum for a bit and finally decided to try to dive in.

I'm based in the SF Bay Area and mostly ski weekends with a Tahoe Local pass at Kirkwood/Northstar, sometimes Heavenly. I've still got a lot to learn - starting to enjoy soft bumps on blacks and still working on the big hard bumps. Just might end up asking around here for instructor recommendations in a couple of weeks!

(And like my name implies, I've got 20.5 size feet as a fully grown adult.)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hey, I've been reading this forum for a bit and finally decided to try to dive in.

I'm based in the SF Bay Area and mostly ski weekends with a Tahoe Local pass at Kirkwood/Northstar, sometimes Heavenly. I've still got a lot to learn - starting to enjoy soft bumps on blacks and still working on the big hard bumps. Just might end up asking around here for instructor recommendations in a couple of weeks!

Did I fit you with boots a couple of seasons ago? I recall working with a woman with 20.5's. Either way, welcome to the site, let us know is we can help ou find anything, We do know some good instructors that we can direct you to.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor

I'm based in the SF Bay Area and mostly ski weekends with a Tahoe Local pass at Kirkwood/Northstar, someti@mes Heavenly. I've still got a lot to learn - starting to enjoy soft bumps on blacks and still working on the big hard bumps. Just might end up asking around here for instructor recommendations in a couple of weeks!

Welcome to the forum @smallfeet , a few of us are from the Bay Area, and many ski N* , and I think some do Kirkwood.:beercheer:

This is a good place to post and read about skiing conditions in Tahoe
, would love to read your reports there :)

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome! Maybe we can hook up for some turns

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Welcome @smallfeet 20.5 is unique for an adult but here you have some of the most knowledgeable people you will find.

TS
S

smallfeet

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

And, @Philpug - I only recently got the 20.5s - I was in 21.5s for a while because of how limited the stock at most shops is. It took a couple seasons of skiing to go from "no way am I driving 3 hours just for boots" to "I'm lucky to have an excellent bootfitter only 3 hours away."

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
"It took a couple seasons of skiing to go from "no way am I driving 3 hours just for boots" to "I'm lucky to have an excellent bootfitter only 3 hours away."[

Funny how perspectives change, isn't it? :)