• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Here/There

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
This is spot on. VT and CO come to mind imeadiately though there are countless other examples...

Here There.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is spot on. VT and CO come to mind imeadiately though there are countless other examples...

View attachment 210125
I experienced that in Northern Michigan when folks from down state moved north for the quiet and then complained about the lack of conveniences like big box stores and such.

I recall a family that was friend with our family and hunted on our property. When the bought the property next to it a few years later, they put fences up and no trespassing signs.
My grandpa said,"flatlanders. They bring trouble and not trespassing signs"

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Was talking to some folks who live about three hours north of Toronto in a town of 300. Said they were looking to go up to more hours north. Too many damn people. I get it to be honest..

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We moved from a very crowded Fairfield county Connecticut to a pretty rural NW CT area. We're on the other side of Litchfield County, the non wealthy, less fancy side bordering western mass. We're 7 miles from the mass border and we border Colebrook and caanan. Our phrase is you can't get there from here. Anywhere we go is 45 minutes to an hour. We've grocery stores 20ish minutes away. We have breweries and local ski areas closer than anything else. I never, ever complain about not being close to stuff. I'm pissed at myself at didn't move here years ago. I love it here at much in no longer in a hurry to move full time to southern Vermont. We don't take 91 anymore to get to VT. It's all been roads.

We are tickled pink to be where we are. It's a tradeoff and not for everyone but we're happy. We'll never complain about anything being "inconvenient"

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
It is already too lare in Bozeman. Interesting that Montana population actually dropped a little in the past year. It is believed to be new arrivals leaving.
Anywhere good has grown the internet has to be part of it.

Sponsor

Staff online