Hello from the SF Bay Area

Discussion in 'Booting Up: New Member Introduction' started by FatTS, Apr 13, 2017.

1. FatTS

FatTS At the base lodge Skier

So I've been reading the forums on Pugski for the last 4 months and finally signed up. So much good info.

42 years old, recently re-addicted to skiing and ski equipment. When I was a kid and through HS, allI could think about was skiing and watching the weather report. Once mom/dad stopped paying for lift tickets and when I went off to college (and after) I would go years without skiing, and if lucky MIGHT get 3 days in a year if I got any.

I've been skiing on 2004 K2's until this year when I got a chance to try some modern technology (Stockli SR88's in 177) and that's when I wondered "what have I been missing all these years?" I was instantly re-addicted to skiing. Literally invested 20+ hours researching skis in the last 4 months.

About me: 5'11", 225lbs. strong intermediate. 60-70% on piste. Ski mainly north Tahoe area (Squaw, Alpine, Homewood).

Tricia and Philpug like this.
  2. Philpug

Philpug Gathermeister--Utah Admin Pugski Ski Tester

Bout time you signed up ;)

FatTS likes this.
  3. epic

epic Out on the slopes Instructor

20+ hours? Rookie. Welcome to Pugski.

Tricia and FatTS like this.
  4. FatTS

FatTS At the base lodge Skier

It's probably way more than that but I stopped keeping track! This site is addictive.

Philpug likes this.
  5. Philpug

Philpug Gathermeister--Utah Admin Pugski Ski Tester

As you can see, resistance is futile.

6. Ken_R

Ken_R Getting off the lift Skier

Hang out here long enough and you will end up with way more than just one pair of skis :D Probably a garage full of them. :ogcool: