• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from Philadelphia

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Me ole stomping grounds. I spent a good part of my formidable youth in eastern Pa including Delaware and Chester Counties.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Very cool!
My wife is from DelCo (Aston) - I grew up in MontCo myself (Ft. Washington). We currently live in the Fishtown part of the city.
Aston is a nice little town. Delco had a better sense of community than Chester which felt mroe transient. We knew all of our neighbors in Newtown Square yet hardly any of them when we lived in West Chester.

@surfsnowgirl I never went to The Electric Factory but did see some shows at The Tower, Donald Fagen, The Pretenders, Elvis Costello to name a few.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You Found Us :golfclap:

As a member of the Philly contingent I speak for all in saying we expect to see you at ELK Mountain's Winterfest Demo Day (or Blue if ELK doesn't do demo's this year), sporting a PUGSKI sticker on your helmet:D

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Aston is a nice little town. Delco had a better sense of community than Chester which felt mroe transient. We knew all of our neighbors in Newtown Square yet hardly any of them when we lived in West Chester.

@surfsnowgirl I never went to The Electric Factory but did see some shows at The Tower, Donald Fagen, The Pretenders, Elvis Costello to name a few.
I'm actually not surprised. I attend allot of concerts and in all the years I've been in Philly went to The Electric Factory for the first time last fall when @nay told me Warpaint was on tour! I plan a second visit this fall to see Saint Vincent perform, for the third time - Love her! \o/

Reactions: nay

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Wicks going to be up and running this season?

TS
Willyum215

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
You Found Us :golfclap:

As a member of the Philly contingent I speak for all in saying we expect to see you at ELK Mountain's Winterfest Demo Day (or Blue if ELK doesn't do demo's this year), sporting a PUGSKI sticker on your helmet:D

I'll do my absolute best to be there, I can promise you that (hopefully at Elk)!
Guess I need to send a SASE to @Philpug to score some stickers :)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
wonder if they'll do the consignment sales again under the new ownership? think this is my year for a boot upgrade.
I have heard they will. Wicks's consignment sale was the best around, I hope Buckmans either expands it to their other stores or even centralizes it where all of their customers can benefit from it.

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
ya, another PA skier representing! we're out near KOP. my wife and I hang out at montage and jack frost on the weekends and blue mtn during the week.

wonder if they'll do the consignment sales again under the new ownership? think this is my year for a boot upgrade.

I would assume that wicks will participate in the buckmans tent sale. although, I would check out alpina/940 boards up in Whitehaven for boots instead of buckmans. if any of the previous wicks staff remains with buckmans at the old wicks location you might be OK, but I would still recommend alpina/940 boards.

TS
Willyum215

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
ya, another PA skier representing! we're out near KOP. my wife and I hang out at montage and jack frost on the weekends and blue mtn during the week.

I would assume that wicks will participate in the buckmans tent sale. although, I would check out alpina/940 boards up in Whitehaven for boots instead of buckmans. if any of the previous wicks staff remains with buckmans at the old wicks location you might be OK, but I would still recommend alpina/940 boards.

Nice! great to meet you on here- I'm at JF a fair share, because a good friend of mine has a family cabin not too far away. I'm sure we have crossed paths...
I really like Montage too but never made it there last season because they never opened any of the "upper" runs, which was kind of a bummer.
The North Face is fun, but a little short IMO.
I've driven by Alpina countless times, but never stopped in- will keep them in mind.
I definitely want to buy new boots but wouldn't mind getting a few bucks back on my old ones...

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
my experience with buying boots at buckmans was aweful. similar experience at wicks. dieter @ alpina is probably one of the best bootfitters in our area, in my experience. in the end with bootfitters, it's all about who you trust and get along with. good luck!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
my experience with buying boots at buckmans was aweful. similar experience at wicks. dieter @ alpina is probably one of the best bootfitters in our area, in my experience. in the end with bootfitters, it's all about who you trust and get along with. good luck!
I left Wick's in 2010 to move west, I am not sure who was there after I left.

a9a1c1

Booting up
Skier
I hate to say it Thanksgiving in Killington is the best place for now, As you can go see World Cup Womens skiing there. I ignore most of it until the end of the day when the last few Top skiers crush the iciest trail ever, damn near 3 feet of solid ice on superstar.

on a side note Buckman's is a good place to get used gear, when they do the customer session before the season kicks off. I've gotten quite a few good cheap skis that were only skied a few times in one season.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I hate to say it Thanksgiving in Killington is the best place for now, As you can go see World Cup Womens skiing there. I ignore most of it until the end of the day when the last few Top skiers crush the iciest trail ever, damn near 3 feet of solid ice on superstar.

on a side note Buckman's is a good place to get used gear, when they do the customer session before the season kicks off. I've gotten quite a few good cheap skis that were only skied a few times in one season.
Buckmans bought Wicks in Exton. Wicks used ot have one of the better Consignment Sales in the fall, from what I understand, they plan on continuing the tradition.

Sponsor

Staff online