• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review Head Kore 93 vs Nordica Enforcer 93

TS
DanoT

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
My excuse for misspelling the name of the ski is due to the textured top sheet the skis do not take coloured graphics very well so both HEAD and KORE (or is it KOR ?) are very difficult to see.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Enforcer93, FX95, Kore93 match would make more sense. Will Kastle change the FX next year?
Picking at straws, but Enforcer is a heavy metal ski. I'm thinking SR 95, FX 95 (non HP) and maybe the updated '18 Pinnacle 95.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Picking at straws, but Enforcer is a heavy metal ski. I'm thinking SR 95, FX 95 (non HP) and maybe the updated '18 Pinnacle 95.

The Kore 93 IMHO skis nothing like the Pinnacle... Not even the FX 95 that I recall, but it's been awhile. When I first road the FX 95, it was also a bit short in the size tested, and didn't feel nearly as torsionally stiff. The Kore series is also lighter than all the skis you've mentioned. I haven't skied any of the Blizzard 0G skis yet, but that might be a cage match. What I do know is that a lot of high performance tourers are going to be very happy. I think a core 93 with a tech binding would make a ripping good and light PNW volcano ski. At the moment and off the top of my head (pardon the pun) I'd love to test the Kore 105, Katana Vwerks, and Kore 117 in that order.

Last edited:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I skied these back to back at SIA. Liked them both; preferred the Monster, though.

@SBrown -- YES! agreed 100%

hmm, Kore 93 vs Pinnacle 95.... whadarya' looking for in a ski? The Pinnacle was great! more serious than the Kore, more stable AND more fun. Loved the new 95.
Surprising on both counts, was expecting to hear different. Is it the weight, or lack of with the Kore?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
fyi- i also skied the 88 and Kore back-to-back. then skied the pinnacle.

so back to my question: what do you want them for? i ask that because the Kore is a light, fun, easy ski, more slarvy oriented but can still get up edge but doesnt feel as solid. its just a matter of "who is this ski for" as opposed to " this ones better than another". I like solid, stable more serious. my reference ski's are Kastles.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Surprising on both counts, was expecting to hear different. Is it the weight, or lack of with the Kore?

I'm not sure ... I have several days on the old/original Monster 88, and several minutes on the new 88 and the Kore 93, so caveat emptor. I took them both on the same route, which was top to bottom at Copper, where it was about 20% steep and a bit cruddy and then blue and green groomers the rest of the way. I felt like I was fighting the tip of the Kore in the steep and cruddy (but not tight) moguls; the Monster just mashed it. I didn't get into trees or powder or anything super firm. I guess you'd say I just had more confidence in the Monster. However ... I did like the Kore, a lot! I just think for where I personally would ski a 90-ish ski, the Monster wins.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Skis are brutally subjective things.

Last edited:

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
fyi- i also skied the 88 and Kore back-to-back. then skied the pinnacle.

so back to my question: what do you want them for? i ask that because the Kore is a light, fun, easy ski, more slarvy oriented but can still get up edge but doesnt feel as solid. its just a matter of "who is this ski for" as opposed to " this ones better than another". I like solid, stable more serious. my reference ski's are Kastles.

I think length is critical. I found the edge grip on both the 93 and 105 excellent, and the difference in length (180 former, 198 latter) made big difference in general stability. I preferred the Kore 105 (189) to the BMX 105 HP (189) on piste. Like the MX and old FX skis (and current Monster 88/98), but have never really found the love for the new FX's.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I think length is critical. I found the edge grip on both the 93 and 105 excellent, and the difference in length (180 former, 198 latter) made big difference in general stability. I preferred the Kore 105 (189) to the BMX 105 HP (189) on piste. Like the MX and old FX skis (and current Monster 88/98), but have never really found the love for the new FX's.

I agree about the length but this is why @Philpug has so many different sized testers. I skied the 93 in 180, the edgehold was fine (given that we were on some pretty nice snow) that wasn't an issue. I felt the tip was a little soft and when skiing the groomed, it was vague; the same feeling about the tail. That doesn't make the 93 a bad ski, that same characteristic could make it just fine in soft, fresh snow. That's why I always ask what do you want any given ski for. BTW- I loved the new 88. A ski I could own for sure. I was concerned when I read they had tweaked it but IMHO, the tweak was a real improvement.

Doeschna

Booting up
Skier
Created an account because I saw this thread. I absolutely love the enforcer 93 and own the 100. I really like skis with metal. That being said the new head kore series has me incredibly excited. Had a chance to ride all three widths about a week ago and was really impressed. The skis were incredibly strong for how light they were. Rode them strictly on hard pack and all three including the 117 held extremely well. While I like the enforcer 93 better than the kore 93, the ski that was really surprising was the 105. It held an edge close to as well as my enforcers but were a lot lighter. This is a ski that I will without a doubt be buying to use as a lighter backcountry and tree ski. My enforcers will still be the ski I ride most of the time (because I love them) but I want the head because of how light, playful and strong they were and because I have a feeling they will be awesome in soft snow and a little easier riding and more nimble in the trees because of the shape. Sorry for the novel. Just had to vent about this ski somewhere.

Messy11

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
NEWBIE - so take it easy - looking for some advice on new ski purchase

I’m 41yrs , 5’9”, 175lbs/80kg, adv intermediate skier. Very confident on piste - reds/black (European gradings - mainly ski Espace Killy in France), fairly direct/aggressive skier, but more interested in smooth, fun skiing than burning down the mountain at top speed.

I generally split time as follows: 35% Piste, 35% moguls /trees 30% off piste. I generally look for a ski that will be fun but can also carve.

I already have a 2 ski quiver of Soul Rider 97 (185cm) and Blizzard Gunsmoke (186cm) and am looking for something that will complement the quiver, but more frontside focused and a bit more direct.

I have narrowed it down to 2 options and wanted to know how they compare (and if there are any other skiis I should be considering):

• Enforcer 93 – Don't want to come across as a Nordica fan boy, but they seem pretty complementary to the Soul Rider. Can get a reasonably good deal on them. Would assume the 177 would be right length as the 185 Soul Rider feels marginally long in the bumps (great everywhere else though)

• Volkl Kendo– Seems like a good option as a piste oriented ski and again a good complement to the G'smoke as my pow ski and SR as my more fun / light pow ski my main reservation is whether it is too direct vs the E93. Have found the 2015 for a very very good price....

Any guidance gratefully received.

CalvinM

AMGA Aspirant Rock Guide and Ski Newb
Skier
Created an account because I saw this thread. I absolutely love the enforcer 93 and own the 100. I really like skis with metal. That being said the new head kore series has me incredibly excited. Had a chance to ride all three widths about a week ago and was really impressed. The skis were incredibly strong for how light they were. Rode them strictly on hard pack and all three including the 117 held extremely well. While I like the enforcer 93 better than the kore 93, the ski that was really surprising was the 105. It held an edge close to as well as my enforcers but were a lot lighter. This is a ski that I will without a doubt be buying to use as a lighter backcountry and tree ski. My enforcers will still be the ski I ride most of the time (because I love them) but I want the head because of how light, playful and strong they were and because I have a feeling they will be awesome in soft snow and a little easier riding and more nimble in the trees because of the shape. Sorry for the novel. Just had to vent about this ski somewhere.

I feel similarly about the Kore series. I really think they have a hit on their hands. Definitely not going to be a ski for bigger skiers who push their skis hard, but everyone else...

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
The 185cm E93 skis shorter than the 185cm Soul Rider.

Idahosnow

Putting on skis
Skier
I skied both the Kore 93 and the Enforcer 93 on the same day in pretty firm conditions. While I liked the Kore and loved how light it was, the enforcer skied much better for me both on and off the groomers. It seemed to carve better when things got icy and just felt smoother and more damp. I think the Kore would start to shine with a little fresh snow.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
... also very interested in the new Dynastar Legend 96.

SJ

I skied the 88 and wasn't impressed. Too unstable for my taste, much more than the Powertracks it replaces. I don't have high hopes for the 96. But we'll see (in November, when I'll have an other test weekend)...

Sponsor

Staff online