• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review Head Kore 93 vs Nordica Enforcer 93

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
You may not have heard of the Head Core line of skis because it is new for 2018.

The western Canada rep for Head showed up at Elevation Ski & Bike at Sun Peaks with a few of these skis and myself and a few co-workers got to ski the Core 93 and Core 105. Everyone was very impressed.

I got in a few runs on the Core 93 and was very impressed with this lightweight skis' stability, edge hold, and tracking on blue and black groomers. The ski is an easy turning confidence builder.

Previously my favourite ski had been the Nordica Enforcer 93 but for me the Core 93 surpassed the Enforcer in stability and edge hold and just an overall smoother ride. I might have purchased an Enforcer earlier in the season except that the Canadian distributor is sold out, so now it is looking like the Core will be my next season's new ride.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is a comparision that we will be seeing a lot of for next season. I have not been on the 93 yet, although I was on the 117 and was very impressed with that even in the 189 it was very easy to ski. I believe @markojp has also been on it. We won't get a chance until Monday.

Sierrajim

Ski Savant
Industry Insider
Monster 88 vs core 93 cage match. :thumb:

Interesting comparison for sure but not remotely similar skis. I can't think of an instance when I would be comparing those two to the same potential buyer. Certainly however, that would be a case of very different preferences so maybe that's what a cage match is about, i.e., dissimilar skis rater than similar ones.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
yeah ski 2 feet of powder fast apparently is something it can not do.

Interesting comparison for sure but not remotely similar skis. I can't think of an instance when I would be comparing those two to the same potential buyer. Certainly however, that would be a case of very different preferences so maybe that's what a cage match is about, i.e., dissimilar skis rater than similar ones.

yes, exactly.

Exactly, exactly. Sometimes Cage Matches are two similar skis, sometimes it ia a sibling rivalry. How many times has someone coming in asking about a RTM and a Kendo or Mantra? All too may times. Cage matches are about compating and contrasting, not picking one over the other but picking who the ski is for and why they would choose that particular one.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Cage match usually = last ski standing. I think the perception of the title sometimes obscures the intention (as good as it is)

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor

But a reasonable 'compare and contrast' for a consumer seeing a couple of skis within a couple three mm of width from the same manufacturer. I can well imagine a customer asking about the differences at the ski wall even they are very different creatures. ogsmile

Will most likely ski the rest of the line and the 93 again in the proper length after our rep gets back from SIA. Full disclosure, I'm a hill rep but certainly don't sell in exclusion of other great product lines.

Reactions: Ron

James

Out There
Instructor
Enforcer93, FX95, Kore93 match would make more sense. Will Kastle change the FX next year?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Enforcer93, FX95, Kore93 match would make more sense. Will Kastle change the FX next year?
I beleive it is just a graphic change for the Kastles for this coming season.

TS
DanoT

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
One of my co-workers skied the Head Core 93 mostly in powder and in the trees and really liked it But he said he will probably go with buying the slightly heavier Nordica Enforcer 93 for next season as he is looking more for a groomer ski and not really a lightweight powder ski. Neither ski will be my powder ski but I will wait until next season to ski the Head Core 93 again and then make up my mind

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Interesting. I thought the Kor(3) :) 93 ripped on piste, even if the pair I skied was a wee short.

TS
DanoT

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Interesting. I thought the Kor(3) :) 93 ripped on piste, even if the pair I skied was a wee short.

My co-worker didn't ski them on piste but I did and I loved them. They were 180cm and that is my size. I might not wait until next season but I might phone the rep in March, just to see if any 180s are available.:D

Sierrajim

Ski Savant
Industry Insider

A little surprising maybe but given the supplier, maybe not. They are for sure building some fine stuff these days. I have skied a few light skis that were surprisingly good on firm groomers. Where lighter skis seem to be a miss for my own preferences is on rock hard or in/on rough crud etc. I am pretty tuned up on the Kore series and in a similar vein also very interested in the new Dynastar Legend 96.

SJ

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Yep... Am wondering about crud power with the Kore skis.

Sponsor

Staff online