• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Has anyone sold their TDI back yet?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Has anyone gone through the process? What did you replace your TDI with? How was the transaction? Just thought I'd move these questions out of the other TDI related threads.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Submitted and waiting here as well. Replaced it with a Q5 as the TDI started having more problems than I could count. Won't hold a charge, lights shorting, glow plugs shot, failed inspection just to name a few.

Going to push it into the dealer if I have to when the time comes. Good thing it's down hill into the lot the last 1/4 mile. Roll it off the flatbed and in we go !

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I heard there was a TDi on fire in Reno and someone that looked suspiciously like Phil crying beside it..

vw-fire.jpg

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
it sounds like you get the amount whenever you trade it in....

I say keep until its to costly and get your 16k back...

toddmanley

Booting up
Skier
I'm in the same boat as others - paperwork submitted and waiting next steps.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I recevied my paperwork but it was wrong, showed me taking the settlement amount, not the buyout. I checked the other box and will notorize and send back on Thursday. I am getting quots on Sportwagens and Alltracks now. I hope to be in a car by the end of they year.

Chickenmonkey

David T.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We had to resubmit our claim because our car's title was in our trust and I originally submitted as self. Annoying because that is something you should be able to edit w/o resubmitting. Anyway, we are in the replacement buying process regardless and will dump the car as soon as we can.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We had to resubmit our claim because our car's title was in our trust and I originally submitted as self. Annoying because that is something you should be able to edit w/o resubmitting. Anyway, we are in the replacement buying process regardless and will dump the car as soon as we can.
What are you looking at?

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
I recevied my paperwork but it was wrong, showed me taking the settlement amount, not the buyout. I checked the other box and will notorize and send back on Thursday. I am getting quots on Sportwagens and Alltracks now. I hope to be in a car by the end of they year.

Is Subie still in the running?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is Subie still in the running?
Not really. The seats just don't do it. Mazda just announced that the new CX-5 will be coming with a diesel next summer which sounds pretty intrigiing but their seats aren't what VW's are and the space in the back isn't as big as the VW either. I am sure the diesel will be closer to $30K so any mileage savings won't be seen for years. Our main knock with the Asian car are the seats, and the short cargo area.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We already got the replacement. A 66 Mustang convertible project. Probably pollutes more legally. That will teach CARB.

Eric

Separate thread with pics as the project progresses, please, because I'm jealous!

May I recommend inserting a 351 Cleveland into the engine bay?!

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Tom K. This is my son's project now. He just has me help with the impossibly frozen parts. I did tell him to write up the experience of taking a girl out on a date while the car was overheating. There was more but it was his experience. I'll try to post a few pictures.

Eric

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tom K. This is my son's project now. He just has me help with the impossibly frozen parts. I did tell him to write up the experience of taking a girl out on a date while the car was overheating. There was more but it was his experience. I'll try to post a few pictures.

Eric
I used that excuse too. ;)

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
We already got the replacement. A 66 Mustang convertible project. Probably pollutes more legally. That will teach CARB.

Eric
I almost bought the mustang (used) in 1973 but bought a 1971 Datsun 240Z instead. Drove it for 25 years and 240K miles (1 engine overhaul)

Sponsor

Staff online