• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Grappa

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
ask for the nuttiest then go super-local from there?

You don't need a liver function test anytime soon, do you?

Last edited:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Incidentally, a lot of folks here used to make their own in the garage or basement back in the day. I think that old school group has gone and with it the tradition. It took me a long time to convince our old cycling team sponsor that it was legal..

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Incidentally, a lot of folks here used to make their own in the garage or basement back in the day. I think that old school group has gone and with it the tradition.

*sad* Getting a new batch of Everyday Elixir from some guy cooking behind the chicken coop was an awesome thing.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
ask for the nuttiest then go super-local from there?

You don't need a liver function test anytime soon, do you?
Apparently the first fork is "barrique or no barrique." I had no idea there was barrique-aged grappa.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I like Cher's reaction to Grappa in Moonstruck......diesel fuel.

There's a Hungarian saying to do with drinking palinka. I never could remember the real words but it roughly translates to 'don't stick your nose in the perfume bottle, smell the woman as she walks by'

Stop trying to drink it like whisky.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like the trip is going well so far! Is this normal in all the huttes?
Early food reports?

k
This happens to be in our hotel, not a rifugio. But there is a lot of grappa floating around. I haven't had any yet. Too much competition for my liver's attention so far .

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
This happens to be in our hotel, not a rifugio. But there is a lot of grappa floating around. I haven't had any yet. Too much competition for my liver's attention so far .
Hopefully you spent a few weeks punishing the liver in advance of this so you are prepared

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I thought @Tony S was just having a bad Monday morning.

Asterino

Putting on skis
Skier
Incidentally, a lot of folks here used to make their own in the garage or basement back in the day. I think that old school group has gone and with it the tradition. It took me a long time to convince our old cycling team sponsor that it was legal..
Well I have a couple of bottles of garage brewed Grappa in my cellar. The problem is not that the tradition is gone, it's that the "most" which is what remains of the grapes after 1, 2 pressings for wine (and which is the basis of the grappa) becomes hard to find. The production methods have improved so much in wine making that there is almost no "most" left for grappa.

Funny annecdote.. a couple of years ago I was invited to said garage to watch the production of these 3 old gentlemen. At a certain moment I told them go stand close together so I can take a picture. They all shouted "no pictures"... still afraid of the carabinieri, or the guardia di finanza. ;-)

Sponsor

Staff online