• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Good news, I'm only mostly dead...

TS
Warp Daddy

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
Oh no Warp!
Please take care of yourself!

TC : what can i say , other than ur the best . I'll get thru this thing . As you know i have climbed the mountain several times with serious medical issues and withThe Queen of The Hop next to me as my angel THIS TOO WILL PASS

Happy trails

Warp

TS
Warp Daddy

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
Duuuuude....:(

Ya i know !! GO Figure ???? Shit i was a damnwork out maven , the Queen kept me in shape , who knew i was a damn medical anomaly and outlier in the data dammit .

But i will muddle thru this crap take care of TCman she and you are GOOOOOOOOOD peeps .

TS
Warp Daddy

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
Terrifying story - especially for my new hip. Best wishes for a good recovery. Look long-term as statistically you still have a couple decades left. There's plenty of fun to be enjoyed.

Eric

Eric , seriously dude my situation was an outlier in the data an anomaly , this crap happens . But dont let my situation wear on your your well being . My only advice is listen to your body , if it is starting to really hurt back off activity . QUESTION every xray ,mine all along thru december looked as if the thing were firmly implanted , and the radiologists report said so .

if you SEE anything that looks strange Be assertive . So bottom line relax but listen to your body ,trust your instincts

TS
Warp Daddy

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
image.jpeg
Ok GIL ill be finding the damn rug and going down THIS road today
image.jpeg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Dig the cherry sunburst Les Pauls. A friend of mine had one with a maple fingerboard. That was many years ago.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I hope you get back on your skis. Also hope I will be skiing past 70 (still have 25 years til that). Good luck man.

TS
Warp Daddy

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
Dig the cherry sunburst Les Pauls. A friend of mine had one with a maple fingerboard. That was many years ago.

Thanks Gil , THis one is my fave to play , it has a FAT awesome tone , but is one heavy axe . You can see the industrial strength jungle strap i got on this puppy . Now with the darn hip situation i can only stand up and play this thing about an hr or else i need a stool , so i play my little faux fender axe its very light and has a nice jangly tone .

Hell this is a daily mental health break for me .
I am a LEGEND in MY OWN MIND when im crankin the axes. Bwaaa hahha

TS
Warp Daddy

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
I hope you get back on your skis. Also hope I will be skiing past 70 (still have 25 years til that). Good luck man.

You will be !!! Just stay in shape. Age is just a friggin number, ATTITUDE is everything !!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I just want to step in with a bit of heresy here - whether or not you decide to come back to skiing - it's all good. If you feel like it, do it. If you don't, it's fine, too. And I have said that to people at any age, including myself after my ACL thing. If skiing is fun, excellent. If it's not, do something else. Just find the joy - seems like you have plenty :)

Dadskier

Getting off the lift
Skier
Ah Warp sorry to hear. You've been through a lot the last few years. Maybe you can hit up some XC in the near future. My dad (now 86) has pretty much hung up the DHs, but is going strong with the XC.

TS
Warp Daddy

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
Ah Warp sorry to hear. You've been through a lot the last few years. Maybe you can hit up some XC in the near future. My dad (now 86) has pretty much hung up the DHs, but is going strong with the XC.

Thanks your dad "Herr Professor " is an inspiration , Funny xc was my roots bro , so who knows :ogcool:

TS
Warp Daddy

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
I just want to step in with a bit of heresy here - whether or not you decide to come back to skiing - it's all good. If you feel like it, do it. If you don't, it's fine, too. And I have said that to people at any age, including myself after my ACL thing. If skiing is fun, excellent. If it's not, do something else. Just find the joy - seems like you have plenty :)

Thanks M , yep i am very blessed , have had many wonderful experiences , met and martied a fantastic woman 51 yrs ago and have a loving family . What i will miss is skiing with my sons and grandboys . One is now in 5th yr of Rx school , the other a freshman .

Skied with my grandaughters both 17 but they are now into other intersts . My entire family son , daughter , wife , grandkids we all got to do this sport together . I have had a wonderful ski posse of 6 buddies and we skied together and took many extended trips together generaating wonderful memories

I had the joy of fulfilling a life long dream to be able to downhill ski . I did not take up downhill till i was 50 , but xc.d for 20 yrs prior to it .So inspite of this latest set back and having been thru open heart surgery almost 8 yrs ago and a couple of recent hospitalizatins in the fall for previously undiagnosed A flutter .... My life is charmed .........no complaints .

This is just an unfolding chapter but i will still have great zeal for the sport even if i become a fan not a participant any longer

I have the joy of talking and joshing with all you guys too , so life is good

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
Hey man, just reading that makes me wince. Wish you the best of luck on this journey. I'm not looking forward to it when it's my turn.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ya i know !! GO Figure ???? Shit i was a damnwork out maven , the Queen kept me in shape , who knew i was a damn medical anomaly and outlier in the data dammit .

But i will muddle thru this crap take care of TCman she and you are GOOOOOOOOOD peeps .

sorry to hear too but yeah on the positive attitude! hoping the healing and PT leaves ya stronger than before.

TS
Warp Daddy

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
Ok here is the update ::ogcool::wave:

Had the reconstructive surgery March 16 th ,four hrs from home by a team of orthos who specialize in JUST is kind of apecialized surgery . What had been predicted to be a 5 hr surgery was done in an hour and twenty minutes !!

The reason is there was no need to break any more good bone in the femur , the existing device was so loose it literally was an easy removal . So no further incision required and no additional pain . I took strictly tylenol on an ivdrip DID NOT WANT any opiods at all they had resulted in a problem last time which caused an excruciatingly painful fissure from be bound up dammit !!

I am still dealing with that damned issue ( which is way more painful than the hip ) but had it botoxed 2 weeks before surgery . A nuclear bone scan test rold me i have great bone density and so there was NO need to cement in the replacement device .Matter of fact my radiologist told me your bone density saved you from breaking your leg from that damned device being so darned loose !!!

My surgeon the next morning said you are going home tomorrow !!! and made this unsolicited statement "i see you skiing next season" i was shocked to hear that . So i guess the ole man STILL HAS GAME in that dept too bwaaa hahahaha

My daughter and son came to Saratoga from Greater metro Boston and Manhattan to drive us home and they stayed with the Queen and i for 5 days to help out . Several friends arranged a welcome home dinner party for us that nite .

I am doing quite well on PT , am off the walker and ona cane and able ro do some fairly good and targeted pt exercises with no difficulty . The director of PT at our hospital is handling me and she is really good , a skier and has me doing some cool stuff. MY spirits are high , my mobility is increasing , my ability to tolerate the pain initially only on tylenol was a bit rough but has subsided to only 1 -3 rylenols a day now . Some residual stiffnes yet in outside of thigh and a bit of ache yet in the groin ( they retained the original implant acetablum as it was ok ( the cup and liner part of the hip device BUT put in a new LONGER femoral unit )

May be able to start practicing golf in the fall (no silly stick tho till next yr ) but irons and wedges and putter ok this fall.

So all in all hopefully the next yr will be a VAST improvement over the last 18 months . I am very thankful for all that was done to help me

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January