• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gets High on Altitude

jtrollmann

AKA John
Skier
Greetings! This is my third season skiing (after a several decades hiatus. I know...I know...what was I thinking?). My home resort is Snow Summit in So Cal (I learned to ski there in the 70's) and try to get up to Mammoth every chance I get. On my first trip to Mammoth two years ago, I thought it was heaven! And of course, it is. I love cruising the blue runs and the challenges of the black diamonds and when the snow is gone, I'm doing the hiking thing.

I found this forum a few months ago and can't seem to stay away.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Welcome. I live in New England now and mainly ski western Massachusetts and Vermont.

However, I'm a California girl. I love snow summit and mammoth. Snowboarded and later ski bladed there for years. Snow summit was my weekly day trip place and mammy was my once a month place.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Hi John! I ski SS often, give me a heads up next time you come up and we can spin some.

TS
jtrollmann

jtrollmann

AKA John
Skier
Hi Jenny, Snow Summit has had great coverage with all of the storm cycles this winter. It has also had a lot of modernization and upgrades done this past year. Sounds like a meet-up is in order.