• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Finally Posting

mollski

Booting up
Skier
After leaving CO for NC five years ago, I slowly stopped posting in the ski communities. I lurked and salivated over your photos, I remained friends with some folks on FB, but I was just too sad about skiing being much less a part of my lifestyle to spend much time on the forums. Trying to reconnect, and hoping that skiing makes a big comeback for me. In the meantime, I surf behind the boat at the lake place, do a fair bit of pretty long distance running, and hike whenever I get the chance.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome back. NC is beautiful, especially the Asheville area. There are some great driving roads up in those hills.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I've skied many places from northern Vermont to western Colorado and New Mexico. I've never been disappointed while skiing in North Carolina. But, then I was never disappointed skiing Buck Hill and smaller places in MN, WI, or MI either..

Welcome back. Set expectations lower and you'll usually be happy with the effort... Most of it for me is just being outdoors, on snow of some sort, with nice scenery to enjoy while doing the coolest sport ever invented..

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
:wave:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
After leaving CO for NC five years ago, I slowly stopped posting in the ski communities. I lurked and salivated over your photos, I remained friends with some folks on FB, but I was just too sad about skiing being much less a part of my lifestyle to spend much time on the forums. Trying to reconnect, and hoping that skiing makes a big comeback for me. In the meantime, I surf behind the boat at the lake place, do a fair bit of pretty long distance running, and hike whenever I get the chance.
@mollski -meister!
We've missed you, although I still connect with you on FB. Your kids are getting so big!
I sincerely hope to ski with you again!
Here's a shot from the first time I skied with you. 2008 - A lot has changed for both of us since that picture.
Also pictured and members of Pugski - @Freaq @coskigirl @alta6
1929764_36270265017_2963_n.jpg

One of my favorite pics of you, which Trayc took.
1929491_28783605514_6739_n.jpg

TS
mollski

mollski

Booting up
Skier
In the end, it's more about the folks you ski with than where you ski.

True. And my plans were originally to start going up weekdays in the winter while the kids were in school for some uphilling and skiing. But life, as it has a way of doing, has largely gotten in the way. Schedules didn't synch up well for that, there's been a lot of work and other travel, etc., so I mostly ski in Colorado when I can make it out there, once a twice a year. I think I have just hit one of those "adulting" road blocks where things like skiing take a back seat to kids and life for a few years, and then you find your way back!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Okay Moll, this just came up in my FB Memories!
Look familiar?
278144_10150950561709426_91126872_o.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online