• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

"Family Reunion" and what it means...to us.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Gatherings and Get Togethers happen with every forum and every community but for us meeting with you all means a little more. this is why we coined these meet ups a "Family Reunions". Sure for some it might sound corny but for us, it really means a lot. You guys are family to us. We love seeing everyone here and like most families some of you can only take for a week at a time and there is not one of you that have not or would not invite into our homes and many of you also have opened up your doors to us. That is what family means to us.

We really felt the love in the Staff Changes thread, love that can only come from family. So, we hope to see every each one of you at one of the Family Reunions be it in Tahoe, Colorado or if we can build the site to what we know it can be, on the east coast.

DeAnn Sloan

ACLs are overrated.
Skier
Great post. Thanks for the explanation. I think this sums up what GTGs have become for so many of us. Even as my participation in the other online forum has waned, I have still enjoyed getting together with those whom I have come to consider my close friends and, as you said, family. Looking forward to the next reunion...

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I've not had a lot of opportunity to hit western get togethers lately but I ski with a group here on in the east that are a part of that larger family. I hope that "family reunions east" can continue to build and I hope you two will one day happen to find yourself stuck here after a rare winter storm at Blue Knob (or Laurel see below) and we can ski PA like we did, Phil during 2010. What a day!

LL

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Rob, We hope that the forum will be successful enough where we can afford to hit all of the Family Reunions, I would love to take @Tricia to Blue Knob with you guys. Then we can go to Vermont and ski Mad River Glen (which in on her bucket list) and hit a reunion at Sugarbush or somewhere. We hit Colorado a good amount and we would go there for another Reunion. Yes, we have grandiose ideas but with the help of our family, I really think they can come true.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I would love to see an East Coast Reunion!
I've not had a lot of opportunity to hit western get togethers lately but I ski with a group here on in the east that are a part of that larger family. I hope that "family reunions east" can continue to build and I hope you two will one day happen to find yourself stuck here after a rare winter storm at Blue Knob (or Laurel see below) and we can ski PA like we did, Phil during 2010. What a day!

LL

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We could TRY to show you a good time....

If that includes scrapple, Yuengling (NOT Iron City Light), pretzels all from a trip to the Giant Eagle...it could work.

Reactions: Ron

DeAnn Sloan

ACLs are overrated.
Skier
If that includes scrapple, Yuengling (NOT Iron City Light), pretzels all from a trip to the Giant Eagle...it could work.

So, I am not sure if we can get scrapple on this side of the state and we can do WAY better than Yuengling (but I will oblige if that is what you requre). And, yes, we can no get it ALL from the Giant Eagle. It's awesome.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
I've often threatened to ski Timberline with my good friend Johnny and have actually skied the Blue Knob. An east coast road trip could very well be in the cards this year.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Keeping with the intent of the OP, what Gatherings, get-togethers and reunions mean to me is the opportunity to be included, to belong, at a deeper and more personal level than text on a computer screen.

These events are great because it's a self-selection process, if you want to be in the family just show up. I appreciate the inclusiveness.

That said, I know it's a lot of work to try to organize anything like this, and to organize on the fly for both on hill changes and après. It's like herding cats. It's more fun to be the cat than the herder. So kudos to Gathermeistering cat-herders! :beercheer:

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Don't really know how many Inland PNW skiers there are here but saw Mike is here and recovering well from the Avalanche at Lookout last year. Will try and organize a "Reunion" this year. Always fun to meet each other for real and ski, eat and have a beer together.:wine::crash::beercheer:

Sponsor

Staff online