• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

EpicSki--A Eulogy

Status
Not open for further replies.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Traffic is driven by content. I have no doubt that decade old content was still driving explosive site traffic growth. Retention is driven by community. Content brings people, manners and community keep people.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil- you got your call, the rest of us didn't. I think we have the right to express how we feel. For me Epic felt dead way before the announcement. This is what I was taking in my post.

Maybe time to move on. All my skis are in storage wax anyway.
Yes. Lets keep the tone..I cannot say positive but at least close to the level we are accustomed to here. IF things degrade..we will close it for a bit... to let cooler heads prevail...I really didn't mean that but it fits. ;)

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
You have to admit that a thread title with 'Autopsy' dead center rather invites exactly what was posted.

I strongly suggest we change the title.

Yeah you may have a point there.. :D

I dunno..I think the whole thread should be deleted. That was there, this is here. Why take personal shots at people from Epic on here? It's like, drag your crap across the street and continue to whine and cry about it. That dog is dead..dig a hole and let's move onnnnn.....

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You have to admit that a thread title with 'Autopsy' dead center rather invites exactly what was posted.

I strongly suggest we change the title.
I agree 100%, there is no need to disect anymore, enough of that has been done. @Tyler Wenzel I hope you understand.

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
I will make an "Epic" post in this thread and then I'll be done with Epicski talk....

But not yet, not just yet.

Lotta dust still settling.

Post made to bookmark

:popcorn:

James

Out There
Instructor
I don't know what the big deal is discussing epic. I've yet to see any personal attcks either btw. Nothing wrong with heated discussion. And whether people like it or not epic is part of this place. But, apparently we are getting close to banning a topic.

Once Vail coopted the use of "epic" a collision course was set. You can't have the same name used in the same business for different entities. So at some point that was going to be an issue. Vail's use of "epic" kept increasing over the years. I think there might have been outside resources available for an action back when. But doing even that is a major undertaking and requires mobilization and commitment. The one thing selling to Vail did was make moot that problem.

I just discovered this today. Don't know how long they've had this site.
www.insideepic.com
image.jpeg

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I don't know what the big deal is discussing epic. I've yet to see any personal attcks either btw. Nothing wrong with heated discussion. And whether people like it or not epic is part of this place. But, apparently we are getting close to banning a topic.

Calling someone out and saying they did a shit job isn't a personal attack?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

I see it more as a "time and place" rather than a "topic" moderation.

Once Vail coopted the use of "epic" a collision course was set. You can't have the same name used in the same business for different entities. So at some point that was going to be an issue. Vail's use of "epic" kept increasing over the years. I think there might have been outside resources available for an action back when. But doing even that is a major undertaking and requires mobilization and commitment. The one thing selling to Vail did was make moot that problem.

I actually agree with you.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I don't know what the big deal is discussing epic. I've yet to see any personal attcks either btw.

french-taunting.jpg

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Calling someone out and saying they did a shit job isn't a personal attack?
If someone did a bad job, they should be called on it, but I digress... By the way, nobody characterized anything as "shit job", there were fairly concrete examples. "Shit job" IS name calling, and the discussion here should not stoop to that level.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
"all really good skiers at Breck ski Blizzard"

Random curiosity - did anyone actually say that? Because when I think of all the really good skiers I know at Breck (and I know a lot, but surely not even half of them) - I can't think of a single one of them on Blizzards. Not that Blizzard doesn't make good skis - I was just curious. It does have nice alliteration (Breck, Blizzard)

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
^^ I realize that is all way beside the point - just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor