• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Enforcer 100 vs Volkl 90Eight

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I am interested in comparison and contrast between Enforcer 100 vs Volkl 90Eight. Thanks in advance!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@ZionPow Sorry, I saw this and forgot to reply.

Different animals for sure between these two. The Volkl is light and lively with it's 3D Ridge construction and is very traditional in feel. Lighter skiers will tend to gravitate to it. The Volkl w/o metal can get thrown around a little on the hardest of conditions but recovers in an instant. The Enforcer is a bit more off piste oriented with it's extended tip and rise in the tail, even with the shorter wheelbase, it is a quieter ski on firmer snow due to it's construction. Both skis are favorites of our testers and really not a bad choice, it comes back to what you want and how you are setting your quiver up.

TS
ZionPow

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thank you. I used the 100Eight for soft snow last season and really liked them. I am looking to replace my hell and backs for hard snow conditions.

Turnoisier

Booting up
Skier
Completely agree with Philpug (no surprises there). I spent a fair amount of time on the Volkl 90eight in 170cm, which I thought would be okay because I'm quite light for my height (145lbs, 5'10). I found it bounced me around a bit, but I never felt out of control because of it, even at speed. It turned very quickly, and felt so light on my feet it was unbelievable. I suspect I would have been bounced around less on the 177, but I didn't get to try it in that size. The Enforcer 177cm, which I went on to buy, felt quite different. Slightly less manouevarable (partly because of the difference in the lengths of the two skis I tried, I'm sure), but very smooth and quiet and ultimately more reassuring. Great in most conditions, although very hard icy snow is not its strongest suit. I preferred the Enforcer, even at my weight, but both were excellent skis.