• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dumb, just plain dumb things!

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Thought it would be fun to have a place to post dumb, stupid, and idiotic things. I'll start.

I was getting my car inspected to day and there was a car out in front of the shop. It seems this lady had a car with some brake problems. She brought the car in several times and each time she asked for a quote. Each time she left because she "couldn't afford it." Well broken mechanical things don't miraculously get better by ignoring them. The rear wheels finally locked up.... And she kept driving.... and I assume, driving..... and driving some more with this result.

IMG_0468.JPG

The wheel on the other side was just shattered and mangled. Not sanded down. Not a shred of rubber on either.

Totally incomprehensible to me. :huh:

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
been trying to get my back yard up from dirt to grass last few weeks. put sod on some hillside this Tuesday in time for expected rains. Went our Wed AM turning on the sprinkler just to moisten things up, as not to start from dry then gathered trash for trash day. opps, left it on all day. had 1 1/2 inches of rain min .. came hope after rain most the morning and half the afternoon ... went out to deck and just said "dam*"

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I classify this "dumb" thing as - Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
18403273_1698883313744801_6276098431917630490_n.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
been trying to get my back yard up from dirt to grass last few weeks. put sod on some hillside this Tuesday in time for expected rains. Went our Wed AM turning on the sprinkler just to moisten things up, as not to start from dry then gathered trash for trash day. opps, left it on all day. had 1 1/2 inches of rain min .. came hope after rain most the morning and half the afternoon ... went out to deck and just said "dam*"

:useless:

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The two little kids hauling ass on their Razor scooters down the steep, winding, two-lane Mt Evans road, mom behind them in the minivan, yeah that one sticks in my mind.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
oddly being a hill, flat, hill then well tiled before my deck, the worst damage was my ego. I was very very surprised I didn't have a pool of mush.

but if it makes ya feel better, here's today's pick, the dark green spots are sod, other is seeded and straw.

Got the sprinkler going (again) too
20170513_113143.jpg
!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh, got fencing spread out to keep doggies less rough on the new stuff.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I classify this "dumb" thing as - Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Nice job on the knitting (crochet?) job ... you sure got time in the off season! wouldn't of recognized ya!

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A snowboarder carries his board through the maze. When it's his turn to load, he asks the lift operator to show him how to strap into the board. This was a lift that accessed the top of the mountain - no beginner terrain. The lifty shows him how and LETS HIM LOAD!

TS
T-Square

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Trish, I'm surprised you got Phil to wear it.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Several years ago, first day of the season out. End of previous season my young son was shredding easy blues. We were at a different place he hadn't been beyond the magic carpet at, and that was two years ago. We clicked in and skied the easiest beginner trail ONCE. I made the horrible decision to take him to the top with only blue trails open for about 500 feet of vert there before it flattened out some. My memory of the terrain up there was WAY OFF. It was TRUE BLUE that would have been double black at the place we skied at the end of the previous season. He freaked and I had to carry him down the blue part.. Stopped to rest half way down and a ski patrol arrived asking if we were OK for the rest of it. I asked her carry my poles while I kiddie plowed him the rest of the way down to the green part.

It took me quite some time, a year, to regain his trust and get his confidence up where it was at the end of the previous season. He's OK on most blacks and a few doubles now but that was the dumbest thing I ever did skiing with my kids. And, I used to teach back in high school and college. I should have known better.. would have been SOOO FIRED hahahahaha!

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January