• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thoughts go out to @Doug Briggs for a speedy recover, from Facebook...

20616956_10154922876717149_8990360661040374547_o.jpg

I was about a half mile from being done on a nice ride today when my front wheel apparently washed out. I am doing okay with three broken ribs, a minority broken clavicle and a slightly collapsed lung. Overnight in the hospital for observation. I am also recovering from a concussion. Apparently I landed in the only relatively soft spot so happy to have been riding with a friend and not to have hit the rocks. Ugh. Thank goodness for accident insurance. I am not supposed to be using technology so turning off my phone for the night. See you in the morning.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Bummer Doug. Take it easy, we'll try not to make you laugh with those bad ribs. I hope you like to sleep on your back, you'll have to for around 6 weeks.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bummer Doug. Take it easy, we'll try not to make you laugh with those bad ribs. I hope you like to sleep on your back, you'll have to for around 6 weeks.
Doug does love ribs. :drool: Every year when we make them on Mothers Day, he is first in line. Payback? Nahhh. :cool:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A good reminder of why I play it as safe as possible while biking! Heal fast, Doug!! You'll be back out there in time for glorious fall riding, hopefully!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Sorry to hear :( .
It happens so fast & usually where we least expect it. Had a similar crash last week after cleaning a very technical trail. Decided I had enough energy for a second ride & got caught off guard on a sandy turn. Luckily escaped with only scrapes & bruises but was sore for a few days.

On the bright side, you probably have time to recover before ski season!

Sponsor

Staff online