• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dalbello Pantera 120 ID issue

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
Day 51 at Snowbird over the weekend was too much for my Boots. lost a major screw/bolt that holds the boot together.
I have reached out to Dalbello but havent heard back yet. next step is to go to the shop where i bought them.
just wondered if anyone else has had this issue and was it an easy fix? hoping so! really love
ID.jpg

Mickey

Booting up
Skier
Should be easy to fix with the right replacement parts. If you got them from a good shop, they ought to take care of it with no hassle.

cem

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Industry Insider
i always wonder why people contact the brand first off when something goes wrong...... maybe it is different in the USA but over this side of the pond when you buy from a retailer then your contract is with them not the brand, and whilst the brands love to sell direct via their websites the ebst they can probably do in terms of service is send you a rivet... not much good without the press to fit it

the part to fix this is pretty generic so can easily be got hold of if the shop doesn't have one in stock, they will need a decent press riveter to push the new part in, but the job itself will take no more than 10 mins

TS
blackke17

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
thanks guys.ill be heading to the shop - Ski'N'See in SLC - ill have to go to the backup boots this weekend if the part needs to be ordered

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Cem, generally you still contact the retailer first. This time of year, they may have the part or may not, but it won't be hard for them to get. Op, locktite blue is your friend. ogsmile

cem

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Industry Insider
Cem, generally you still contact the retailer first. This time of year, they may have the part or may not, but it won't be hard for them to get. Op, locktite blue is your friend. ogsmile

loctite blue is great BUT..... if my memory serves me correctly that is a pressed in rivet not a nut/bolt type assembly ;)

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I always use a dab when fiddling with boot screws and hardware bits. . ogsmile

TS
blackke17

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
finally got over to SKI'N'SEE in Sandy, Utah yesterday. Dalbello is hooking me up with brand new boots! let me keep my intuition liners from the old ones and sending out new ones with the boots. Needless to say im very happy with the Customer service! big props to both of them.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, that is great customer service. Glad it is working out for you.