• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Congrats to Andy Mink...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Andy Mink's last day of work was today. Andy just retireed from the Washoe County Parks department after 27 and 1/2 years. Other than a few family members and one other person, I have known Andy longer than anyone. Growing up in the Poconos, Andy and I went to school together from 2nd grade on. Although we were in differnt boy scout troups, he was in the serious one, TR89 and was in the oucast one, TR103, the group that played poker for Merit Badges. From middle school on Andy bought my old skateboards and skis, yes I sold skis back in middle school. Those were the days that it was "My mom will drive if your mom picks up" with out twice a week trips to Camelback to night ski. @Sibhusky I am sure one of us rode a chair lift with you at some point back in the early 80s.

Fast forward to today. When I moved to Reno, Andy was one of the first people I reached out to after not being in touch with him for 20 plus years. We quickly rebounded over drinks and the talk of skiing. Now that Andy is retired, I hope to get to make some more turns with him and his wife @Anne. Congrats @Andy Mink and CONGRATS!
:bestday::rocks::bloodymary::mojito::margarita::cocktail::wine::martini::bestday:

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I have to confess when I saw that old picture of you I thought maybe I had seen you before, as there was this sort of flash in my head. I'd need the equivalent for Andy to say that about him. I'm finding that as I age my memory is a bit on-and-off. BUT, didn't have a season pass there until 1988. If you attended passholders parties from that date onwards I never missed one.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow, he picked a heck of a day to retire from the Parks. Flooding galore and next up, new snow to take advantage of retirement!

:toast

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow, he picked a heck of a day to retire from the Parks. Flooding galore and next up, new snow to take advantage of retirement!

:toast
Coincidence? I think not. ogwink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, this is great. Can't even get to N* to ski! And that debacle on Friday was just nuts.