• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

blikkem

Booting up
Skier
Hey Phil and fatbob,
I've heard all that about tgr before, unfortunately I haven't seen it. Besides, it's not the intelligence I question, it's the attitude. I'm not taking it personally, just don't agree with the fraternity type of atmosphere. You could be an Ivy League grad, overachiever have buds all over the world but if you treat strangers like crap just because you can? That's not for me. Lots of people in this world that don't need an initiation process to become their best buds.

BTW, I don't write anything online anywhere, I wouldn't say to someone's face.

I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. :) Lets move on.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
So, with people talking about uploading truckloads of Epic content, what's the disk space situation here? I'm not gonna worry about downloading my own content from Epic. Some I've already replicated here. The rest, it depends on if I think it would add to the thread at hand.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
BREAKING NEWS: Ski Diva now accepting Men! :beercheer: ( Yo Momma is not responsible for false advertising of any kind:) )

I know it's a joke - but - NO. I love pugski, but just as much, I love a place that's just for women. Feel free to start a men's-only ski forum.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
...just when i win my featured photographer badge they shut it down. ogwink

I actually really liked the badges and contests... especially the photo contest as nature/travel photography is another hobby of mine. And it really was starting to bring forward some great, great photos - and not just purely of skiing. Might I suggest restarting that photo-of-the-month effort over here @Philpug? (And you can skip the badges if that annoys too many people! ogwink And if that already exists and I haven't found it yet, feel free to point me that way...)

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
So, with people talking about uploading truckloads of Epic content, what's the disk space situation here? I'm not gonna worry about downloading my own content from Epic. Some I've already replicated here. The rest, it depends on if I think it would add to the thread at hand.

It's a bit like re-integrating Germany - the worthy Trabbies will find homes.

Trabbies.png

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I actually really liked the badges and contests... especially the photo contest as nature/travel photography is another hobby of mine. And it really was starting to bring forward some great, great photos - and not just purely of skiing. Might I suggest restarting that photo-of-the-month effort over here @Philpug? (And you can skip the badges if that annoys too many people! ogwink And if that already exists and I haven't found it yet, feel free to point me that way...)
@dbostedo We have a lot to swallow with all of this news plus what was already on our docket..Lets talk about it and continue the conversation over the next few months.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
So I googled "men's version of a diva"... apparently someone needs to start "The Ski Divo".
devo.jpg

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
It's a bit like re-integrating Germany - the worthy Trabbies will find homes.

View attachment 22824

Have you ever seen a collision involving a Trabbi? I have. Shards everywhere.

Well, that will go over well....

Oh, no, of course not. I just don't want men to jokingly post over there. I mean, who knows, maybe it's happening already, but my sense is that men are pretty respectful of allowing us that space without Wendy having to take extreme measures, and I like it that way. So if men want to start their own ski site, well - I mean, I guess they can just join TGR ;-)

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Oh, no, of course not. I just don't want men to jokingly post over there. I mean, who knows, maybe it's happening already, but my sense is that men are pretty respectful of allowing us that space without Wendy having to take extreme measures, and I like it that way. So if men want to start their own ski site, well - I mean, I guess they can just join TGR ;-)
Surely @Yo Momma would be welcome . . .

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Have you ever seen a collision involving a Trabbi? I have. Shards everywhere.
)

I've seen a pig take one apart - and it became my father's favourite expression about FRP cars, from Corvettes to Lumina vans to Fieros "bah, a pig would eat it".

But the metaphor stands - the primary value these days is in the nostalgia, and only the best examples will get picked.

Last edited:

Gaby

aka Noofus
Skier
Not that I really care since I had no use for Epic after this place started... but I fail to understand why the loss of the platform means the entire thing just gets flushed down the toilet. Why not a migration to a new platform? Clearly there is a ton of content there that should be preserved, and a long standing community that is going to be flummoxed at suddenly having no home. It is a strange decision to just throw up the hands and say "oh well that's it".

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Not that I really care since I had no use for Epic after this place started... but I fail to understand why the loss of the platform means the entire thing just gets flushed down the toilet. Why not a migration to a new platform? Clearly there is a ton of content there that should be preserved, and a long standing community that is going to be flummoxed at suddenly having no home. It is a strange decision to just throw up the hands and say "oh well that's it".

Because it's easier (read: cheaper) not to migrate.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ironically, after we hit 1 million page views in the first quarter, our server host started sending us messages that we may need to upgrade to a bigger space. Fortunately we did that and should be set for a bit.

Sponsor