• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I tend to really only listen to music when skiing solo but I'm usually have the earbuds nearby just in case.

Music is a calming factor for me as i sometimes get in my head and am nervous when going down new or challenging terrain. Some good tunes help calm me down.

I do love it when the lifties have some tunes going. It especially adds to the festive mood if there's a BBQ or something going on that day.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
I'm strictly a "radio in my head" kinda skier, usually guitar-oriented instrumental stuff. Like this, great beat, can be skied short turns or long turns...

Or this...

Or for something a bit different, this...

Last edited:
TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
instrumental stuff. Like this, great beat, can be skied short turns or long turns...

Instrumentals, a great way to go. Leaves more to the imagination.

You must be listening at a higher plane than I. With Dream Song, I can get myself into a couple long turns with the long guitar strains, but keep getting pulled back into short turns by the beat.

If I Could Fly, nice! And 5'30" plus. That's a nice long run. Only wish it ended more emphatically, rather than fade away, like, yeah, that was a great run. Still a great piece to ski to.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Rant back on here. The one time Judge Schmales was in the right the entire movie..

OMG, this is so funny. I hate those backpack speakers that some folks ski around with. Boom boxes! Music is a personal thing.

Last edited:
TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive

Oh wow. At first, I was like what the heck? But, you nailed it. I won't be the spoiler.

Folks, see all of cantunamunch's posts above, to feel more connected, then take the time to watch crgildert's. Cracked me up.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Several ski themed play lists on the phone and earbud chips.
Drift here .....Other than the music You can even do phone calls from the lift and during runs.
We actually had one of our buisness lines "ported " to a cell line so when people call the office, it goes to us out on the slopes. Their phone number is read to you in the speaker so you can decide if you wish to pick up or decline.

Alright, back to the music and several play lists here.
For charging and big lines above my ability -
Soundtracks from license to thrill, nasty rox inc.
and some Matchstick films etc.

Powder days -
Are mostly acoustic shows by godsmack, black label society, Alice In Chains, bootleg dead and some staple Pink Floyd in the rotation.
Nothing like shine on crazy diamond or wish you were here floating in the POW !

Z90 playlist for carving, bumps and inbound trenching include the likes of @Philpug and @surfsnowgirl line up, older chilly peppers, VH, Clapton, bonamassa, heck even some C and C music factory stuff.

About five (24 hr days ) of ski playlists in all.
Sure beats the Walkman days and pockets full of bootleg cassettes !

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
here are 2 of my more obscure favourites:

Blue Train: At first, I couldn't see it. But, then, it began to inspire me to being improvisational.

Ennio M: Horses/skiers kicking up dust/powder at sunset

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
When I ski on Black Train I need to focus so no music but on other stuff I keep a few songs going through my head. "In the Mood" by The Glenn Miller Band, "Fun Fun Fun" The Beach Boys, some Chuck Barry, Carlos Santana, Gloria Estefan and one odd song called Brand New Key by Melanie maybe it is just the innuendo.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
One day while I was skiing I had my music library on shuffle by accident, when a Frank Sinatra tune came on. Young at Heart
It was surprisingly great to ski to.
Now days I regularly shuffle a jazz album when I ski alone. Pretty cool stuff.
This is one of my favorite Jazz Shuffles to ski
Sweet as Chocolate Finest Jazz Selection

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Nothing like shine on crazy diamond .... floating in the POW !

I feel it, on empty, open fields in the alpine where one loses the sense of speed. Long turns, yet feeling slow. Maybe even in a bit of fog (cloud).

Unfortunately, my ski venues are more like this

Sponsor

Staff online