• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best Gauntlet Glove?

James

Out There
Instructor
569042346331906.JPG
^^Those were good gloves. The last Swany's I owned. And that was some time ago. They seemed to go down the tubes after they got rid of those. They had a goretex liner that actually worked. The glove would weigh 5 pounds but the hand was dry.

The problem with gauntlets comes in the rain. Unless your jacket sleeve fits over the gauntlet, it's just a funnel for water running down the sleeve. So you get wet from the inside out.

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
I had a set of Kombi's for years. Wore them out years ago. Used others while getting back in to the sport and last year pre season I picked up a set of Kombi Sanctum's. Plenty good for all day in PA and VT so far.

Xela

On the way to Squaw
Skier
Outdoor Research has a number of gauntlet gloves and mittens. I use the Mt. Baker Mitt, which has a separate shell and liner. Warmth is good and configurable with other liners. The gauntlet has a cinch to keep rain out. No leather. They aren't cheap, but seem to last OK. After about five years, I'm getting some wear on the seams in front of my fingertips where I use them to buckle and unbuckle my boots.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Free the Powder "run small" from those I have. Big and roomy is warm and comfy. But ...look bulky

Gerry

aka GerryF
Skier
I've used the BD Guidegloves for the last 3-4 yrs. they're great unless it gets r-e-a-l-l-y cold (below-20). then I need the heat packs...