• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best Gauntlet Glove?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What's your favorite, and why?

I'm coming off a worn out pair of Marmot Randonees.

Is leather really an upgrade over "rubber-whatever" palms, or just in the head?

Are any gloves NOT made in China?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
hestra lobster claw (3 finger) why? because 3 finger gloves rock givng you hybrid finger/mitten dexterity and warmth. plus you can buy replacement wool liners and even uber duber warm primoloft liners too. I have the same pair fpr 10 years and I'm still wearing them on cold blower days.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
http://www.mikesfalconry.com/Buffalo-Cowhide-ealge-glove-RIGHT-HAND-p/432b.htm

432b-2.jpg

quant

Don't worry; just go down.
Skier
HESTRA is not manufactured in Sweden but makes great gloves. I have the Heli glove and the mittens. Free the Powder also manufactures an excellent glove at an exceptional price (they sell direct). I bought a pair for my oldest kid and tried it out for a couple of days to see if they are any good. The gloves are a superior value. Outdoor Research (OR) also makes a solid glove in that style. I wore out a pair a few years ago but really liked the glove. I forgot what model it was, though.

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
If you want to blend in: Hestra.

If you're willing to look super awesome: Astis.

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you're willing to look super awesome: Astis.

Sweet looking hand gear! I was ready to pull the trigger on the Pocahontas, but they were out of my size. :P

So I went with the Free The Powder gloves. My wife and I own small businesses. I love supporting the small guys. Thanks for the lead, @pais alto and @quant.

And I gave a shout out to pugski in the "how did you hear about us" section of the order form.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Sweet looking hand gear! I was ready to pull the trigger on the Pocahontas, but they were out of my size. :P

I have the Boone (paw print). I get compliments every time I wear them. Usually from the lifties. I think they're just jealous of how warm they look ;-)

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Arcteryx Alpha SV. Not sure if they make it anymore, but it's a truly superior glove at an exorbitant price. The only glove that was bone dry all day in a rainstorm.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

NESkiBum

Booting up
Skier
Hestra Army Leather GoreTex 3 finger claw glove. I don't have great circulation and find that this is the warmest "glove" I have used that still provides some dexterity. I have also used the regular Hestra Army Heli leather glove and don't find them to be warm at all. I thought that all the hoopla was BS with Hestra and the Heli but the 3 finger GoreTex impressed me.

https://hestragloves.com/sport/en-us/gloves/alpine-pro/army-leather-gore-tex/100/

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Leather, good leather, will last a LOT longer for those of us that have to carry skis a long way most ski days. The rubber, synthetic palms and fingers get cut through pretty quickly when carrying skis a lot.. assuming your edges are sharp. If I was able to leave my skis in a locker or at a ski house fabric and other synthetics are fine.

However, leather ones look a lot more too legit to quit..

569042346331906.JPG

s-l500.jpg

skiers-paradise-vintage-1980-s-pro-am-multi-color-snow-ski-gloves-men-s-medium-0aae73aa81d5fee54b5c83623547644c.jpg

And the Pro Ams with some other leather and synthetic gloves and mittens..
13769427_1344218472260354_6122845040149676935_n.jpg

Marcel

Booting up
Skier
astis are real conversation starters around the mountain! but they are also really warm and I've never been cold wearing mine!

I really want to try FTP gloves and that's going to be my next glove! from all I've seen amazing quality and price!

drewski

Putting on skis
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
free the powder gauntlet mitt, warm warm and warm, now if they only made a lobster mitt!!