• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

MikeS

freeski919
Instructor
Man, all this talk and nobody has mentioned Bissell?

IMG_20170731_210724.jpg

This stuff is epic. ABV lower than a Coors Light, but full on flavor like its big brothers. I'd say get some, but I don't think they're releasing it again this year.

On the other side of town from Bissell, Battery Steele is a bunch of newcomers who are doing incredible things.

IMG_20170811_183220.jpg

This particular batch was double dry hopped, and it was fan-damn-tastic.

I'm really glad it's Friday, and it's getting closer to beer o'clock.

MikeS

freeski919
Instructor
It is closer to beer 'oclock. Saturday-Sunday are my beer drinking days so almost there. need to add that Bissel to my beer list. We'll be in maine in 2 weeks.

If you're going to head to Bissell, I recommend going about an hour after they open. There typically isn't as much of a line then, and they always still have cans. Then you go scoot over to Fox Street and visit Rising Tide, and around the corner is Lone Pine. And THEN, you go up to Industrial Ave, and you hit Foundation, Austin St, and Battery Steele, all in the same building, then cross the street and hit up Allagash. Have your free flight at Allagash, and if you're nice to the bartenders, odds are they'll give you tastes of other stuff.

And THEN.. pass the f*** out. Cuz ur drunk.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Man, all this talk and nobody has mentioned Bissell?

View attachment 28121

This stuff is epic. ABV lower than a Coors Light, but full on flavor like its big brothers. I'd say get some, but I don't think they're releasing it again this year.

On the other side of town from Bissell, Battery Steele is a bunch of newcomers who are doing incredible things.

View attachment 28122

This particular batch was double dry hopped, and it was fan-damn-tastic.

I'm really glad it's Friday, and it's getting closer to beer o'clock.
Do they not serve beer on tap? Oh, never mind, looks like you were having it at home!

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had a rough three 12 hour shifts at work, I'm off for a three day weekend, and I also have beer in my plans. I had a Ninkasi Total Domination last night after work, but I was too tired to enjoy it, and it's not my favorite anyway. The latest I tried and really liked was a Central Coast Brewing Citraholic, and a Device Integral IPA. The first out of San Luis Obispo, the second from Sacramento. Happy Friday, everyone!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Enjoyed my first 2017 Aki Aji (A Taste of Autumn) last night. This seasonal brew from Kirin has long been special to skiers/boarders in Japan because its release signals the miserable heat & humidity of summer will soon be fading, shops will be showing off new gear and it's time to start making plans.
Aki Aji 2017 copy.jpg
On most days during ski season Fuji is visible just beyond that park

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I was at Chuckanut Brewery last night and thought to take a picture of their medal wall. These guys have won gold at every level, including the Worlds. They are seriously committed to making the best beer anywhere. If you're in Bellingham, stop by. Mondays pints go for $3. Their restaurant is good too.

View attachment 27130
Nuts! I was just up there two weeks ago, hanging out on Lummi Island. We'll have to put this on the list for next time.

dlague

Waitin' for Wintah
Skier
So our local liquor store likes to recommend IPAs and so far has been on the money. This time, he recommended a new brewery Crooked Stave out of Denver 20170818_233143.jpg . Their IPA has a very nice balance of hops and citrus notes. I would consider this a summer IPA since it drinks lite but packs in the flavor. Of course, I had to try it in a glass from The Ride and Ski Card.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
union-jack-ipa.jpg

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
I used to love hoegaarden however, after getting so into IPAs i can't drink it anymore. Much sadness :(
Almost the same here. I don't drink as large a variety of styles now that I'm an IPA addict. I still do like an occasional Belgian style ale, but it doesn't have the same special appeal that it used to. It is sad.

MikeS

freeski919
Instructor
I have to look and see where bissell is. We are staying 1 night in freeport and 3 in bar harbor.

Bissell is on Thompson's Point in Portland. As you're driving up I-295 into Portland, you'll cross the bridge over the Fore River. When you're on the bridge, look over to your left, there's a large pavilion and a cluster of brick buildings on the water's edge. That's where Bissell is.

Sponsor