• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Atomic XTI's ?

LJH

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hello All,
I am looking for a replacement of my well worn 2012 (pre-early rise) Fischer Progressor 900 180cm. I have gotten 100 days out of them and I have really enjoyed them. They are fairly versatile for skiing in the East, I have not found the top end to them and I have tried, I can carve long and short turns on them, they have pretty good energy leaving a turn and they do not beat me up skiing 25K feet of vertical in a day.

I really had my eye set on the Curv DTX but I am wondering if they might be pushing me a bit, I will turn 51 in October and suffered a Tib/Fib fracture this past march. My recovery is going OK and I may come out of this stronger then I went in but wondering if the XTI's might be a touch more forgiving.

As I mentioned I am 51, by no means a gym rat but very active. I am weighing in at 190 these days and 5'10" tall. I raced in high school (a long time ago) and then raced Nastar regionally for a couple years after college. I ski roughly 30-35 days a year and I may not be the most technically skier but I am pretty powerful. I love going too fast as well as laying the skis over and digging trenches. BTW, I would be look at the 176's.

Any of you folks have any experience with the XTI's, DTX's, or maybe both?

Cheers,
Jim

TS
L

LJH

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Have you thought about the RC?
I have and they sound pretty perfect. With that said they are not terribly easy to find discounted and I am a cheap yankee ;-).

Cheers,
Jim

Sponsor

Staff online