• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Arapahoe Basin 2016-2017

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Storm has busted a bit - it's weakening and separating. The majority of the snow is probably over, whatever that means for tomorrrow.

Unless something changes, today is not an early last day of school so I'll probably not be making the trek.

Monday sounds good, though...

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ping me if you do.
I don't know how to "ping" @SBrown, but DH and I are ensconced in Frisco and heading for the Basin in the morning. It was snowing hard when we pulled in. Hopeful for a good day tomorrow.

Will PM as well.

Reactions: nay

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't know how to "ping" @SBrown, but DH and I are ensconced in Frisco and heading for the Basin in the morning. It was snowing hard when we pulled in. Hopeful for a good day tomorrow.

Will PM as well.
ping=PM we will be there too.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Change in plans...we have to head back to Tahoe. Sorry all, it has been a great trip but as will all things, we have to get back home after this emotionally rollercoaster of a trip. We aren't sad that we are leaving, we are happy that we were able to make the trip!

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
How was it out there today? Looked like some sun and big crowds early and then low viz and big exit on the webcams.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
All dressed up and no place to park 20170519_091005.jpg
This was around 8:30. Took an hour and a half from Frisco. Ended up creeping over the pass and then home. So many frustrated people were just dropping in off seemingly random parts of the road. Most of them without packs or any discernable backcountry equipment that we could see. Saw lots of mini slides too. Sure hope no one got hurt out there today. The Loveland pass looked like a normal day on the main run at out local hill. Crazy. You would think that CDOT could add a notice to the electronic sign at keystone so that hundreds of cars didn't make a pointless trip. Instead the sign said the pass was closed which was not so. Road was clear all the way over. Supremely sad to see Loveland looking so inviting with still lifts.
Never mind the scenery was beautiful. Nice to have one last view of winter before the looong hot summer.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Today was rough with enough sun to make the cream funky over the refreeze. Guess what was the best run on the mountain again?

IMG_5765.JPG

Sure is pretty out there, tho', at least the stuff you can see with meaningful contrast :).

IMG_5764.JPG

This is getting to be enough to be interesting...

IMG_5782.PNG

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
IMG_2133.JPG

@nay is correct. It was "good for you" snow Monday. The 3" of light powder was just enough to mask overly firm crap underneath...

IMG_2137.JPG

...but the dogs didn't care.

More snow overnight should make today T.I.T.S.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
^^^woohoo! June F.I.T.S.

Tonorrrow is the only day in the medium range 7 day forecast that is supposed to be full on bluebird. After that it's unsettled NW flow with some small storms through the holiday weekend, which probably means crappy refreeze conditions for the most part.

Not sure if this is being noted or not, but Pali and East Wall look to make it through Memorial Day weekend. I wonder how quickly we'll go from reef to closed. #onelastday

Sponsor

Staff online