• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Arapahoe Basin 2016-2017

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Drove up from Denver this morning. Stayed for about 2.5 hours and got in 5 maybe 6 runs. It was a zoo out there. Literally, people were dressed up as purple and black gorillas, there was a parrot pumping some tunes, and I think I saw a pikachu. There were also plans for a snowball fight, but I'm not sure it ever materialized. Anyway, a bad day of skiing is still better than a day without skiing.
YBYFA!

TS
dean_spirito

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
They need a camera for the mug line.

Zach got there early and said he waited about 30 minutes. I hopped in line around 10am and didn't have my free beer in hand until 11:20! The mug line was definitely longer than the lift line!

But all things considered, it was a great opening day! You couldn't ask for more perfect weather. The snow on the WROD held up great, considering the enormous amount of traffic on a relatively short run. And the lift line wasn't as bad as it looked. I don't think we waited more than 20 minutes to get on a chair. Super stoked to have logged my first day of the 16/17 season and my 15th consecutive month on snow! It is going to be a great winter!!

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You kids have fun today. Be safe out there and #plugthepug.

Old boot

Getting on the lift
Skier
Is this the sign up sheet for MDW. If it is put me as #1 this year!!!!

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Well, day one :D. Various surface conditions over boilerplate with mild bumping up as the day wore on. I was there from 10:45 to 1:00 and got in 10 runs.

Lines were 1-2 mins until around noon and then maybe 3-4 as more people showed up. I managed to eat sh$t skiing into some shade as conditions were changing on what was pretty much flat terrain, which is always nice to put on display. But legs otherwise felt good all day and was like summer never happened.

IMG_2414.JPG

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
*Soft snow
*Warm & partly sunny
*Almost slush bumps
*First beach party of the season
*Which included lobster claw Bloody Marys
*Great people
:bestday:

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Icelandic Nomad (that's from Al's blog).

They may deserve a closer look tomorrow...

Sponsor

Staff online