• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anyone have thoughts on buying from Corbetts Ski + Snowboard online?

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
I am not sure of exactly what I want to buy for myself and my wife but I am intrigued with Corbetts in Canada: https://www.corbetts.com/. Has anyone bought from this online store and how was your experience. I am definitely going to look at Pugski options like SkiEssentials but I like the USD to CAD arbitrage. Thanks for your help.

albertanskigirl

aka Sabrina
Skier
A fellow diva on the skidiva forum bought skis for herself and kids from Corbett's and had no problems with the purchase or the delivery! I think they do charge for shipping, and you should find out about any additional duties you might have to pay for arrival. I know for her it was still worth it.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Corbett's is just down the road from me in Oakville. They've done some boots for me in the past. Fairly reputable on this end..can't speak about the online stuff. They're a bit ramshackle so I'd maybe do some follow-up on the phone to confirm. You're welcome on the dollar...sunuva... :roflmao:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I brought some ski bindings from them a couple years ago and had a great experience. Free and fast shipping, not to mention a great price on my bindings especially with the favorable exchange rate. I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat.

TS
1chris5

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
A fellow diva on the skidiva forum bought skis for herself and kids from Corbett's and had no problems with the purchase or the delivery! I think they do charge for shipping, and you should find out about any additional duties you might have to pay for arrival. I know for her it was still worth it.
Great recommendations - thank

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Ordered from there multiple times. Always had a good experience.

Also check their ebay store: AsoGear. Slightly different stock. If you need things from multiple stores give them a call and they'll work it otu.

albertanskigirl

aka Sabrina
Skier

Also check their ebay store: AsoGear. Slightly different stock. If you need things from multiple stores give them a call and they'll work it otu.[/QUOTE

oh, i didn't know that. I've bought stuff multiple times for my family from asogear and have had a wonderful experience each time!

JMD

Getting on the lift
Skier
Have had great service from both Corbetts and AsoGear their E-Bay store. Great prices thanks to the USA Dollar /CAD exchange. Highly recommended.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
They've been around for ever. One store in KW when I was in U. See them every year at the show in Toronto.

We would love your greenbacks any time!

I've ordered from ASO & been in the booth next to em at the Toronto show- they appear to be legit, really genuine folks. Talked em out of a pair of skis & they were really reasonable.

TS
1chris5

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier

Also check their ebay store: AsoGear. Slightly different stock. If you need things from multiple stores give them a call and they'll work it otu.
Hey jmeb and all posters, thanks for mentioning AsoGear. I just bought a 177cm 2016 Monster 83 w/ Attack 13's for 400 [including shipping [free] and mounting] from AsoGear rather than Corbett's because it was a little cheaper even w/ the exchange rate as mounting was an added cost for these skis. I'll give a review once I get the skis upon delivery.
I just called directly AsoGear directly because I needed to add mounting [$30] (I'm not yet a Pugski Ninja that can mount skis - someday) and bought over the phone. I didn't bother ordering through ebay although there is a mounting purchase option there somewhere. Hopefully there won't be any tariffs. My wife sells and buys beading supplies to and from Canada occasionally and the issue is confusing but there probably won't be any extra cost. So far the buying experience with them has been great. Cheers

MRR11

Booting up
Skier
I have never been charged any tariffs/customs fees on my various purchases from corbetts/asogear. And not positive on this, but I seem to remember the items being shipped from just over the border within the US, although I suppose tracking may have just picked up at that point.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Purchased from both ASOGEAR and Corbetts (relatively local), just a side note Corbetts doesn't price match with ASOGEAR, however you can pickup and return ASOGEAR purchases there.

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
I like the USD to CAD arbitrage
It doesn't always work for you. European made items probably come from the national wholesaler (Head Canada, etc.) but are probably internally priced from the factory in either Euros or USD. There may be a pricing advantage in Canada, and maybe not. Check.

Your credit card issuer may charge a foreign transaction fee (3% is common), or may not, and you're subject to the exchange rate they use that day. These are all thing to check before you buy.

TS
1chris5

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
It doesn't always work for you. European made items probably come from the national wholesaler (Head Canada, etc.) but are probably internally priced from the factory in either Euros or USD. There may be a pricing advantage in Canada, and maybe not. Check.

Your credit card issuer may charge a foreign transaction fee (3% is common), or may not, and you're subject to the exchange rate they use that day. These are all thing to check before you buy.
Those are helpful tips. I will try to write a detailed review of my buying experience. My items from Canada may have shipped already. Cheers

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I go to Corbetts all the time -> great store, great staff.
They are opening this Friday with a big sale.