• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta Another Ski Area For Sale -- Blacktail

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Did they find a buyer? A friend in the area, Montana native and long time WF resident, says a lot of local people prefer Blacktail. Lot of hard feelings after the present management took over after the reverse stock splits of a few years back.

TS
Sibhusky

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I've been to Blacktail a few times. But, really, the drive is so much longer, they are going a long way to show their spite and skiing a much smaller place. I could see if you lived in the south end of Kalispell or further south, but in Whitefish? Shooting themselves in the foot if you ask me. It would be better to just hike for your turns. Really, if they want to drive that far, why not Fernie? It's just about 20 minutes further and way better skiing. But there are some darn pigheaded people I've run into here. I hate Air Canada, but I've got plenty of other airlines to choose from. I'd have to be crazy to decide I hate the ski area that's sixteen minutes from my house.

The current management has learned how to make a profit while keeping the place RELATIVELY reasonable.

As far as I know it's still for sale.

Last edited:

Sponsor