• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Amazing/Dangerous Night Skiing

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Leo Taileffer video -- too cool! Once you start down there is no stopping. Hope the batteries never go out on his headlamp.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
:eek:

I wonder what happened just before the credits came up?

He went in there and got out clean. Saw the complete video somewhere. Super sketchy but he obviously knows the route in detail most likely by going down it many many times. Still, crazy dangerous.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
that is crazy .... amazing but

didn't catch the person near end of vid till second time through.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
:eek::micdrop:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
About 30 years ago I went night skiing at Wisp Md. At the time they only had lights on 2 runs. One was
a very very easy green, and the other was their hardest "double black" run than no one was skiing.

So I follow everyone down an intermediate slope that was pitch black with no lights at all. :huh:
You could see absolutely nothing. People skiing all around you. If someone fell everyone would ski over them.:crutches:
The weirdest most dangerous run ever!!

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
About three decades ago, Camelback lost electricity for night skiing while it was pitch black. This was back when I had hard contact lenses that would swim around if my eyes teared. I didn't have clear goggle lenses and needed to remove them to have any vision at all. Fun times. And of course the place was a zoo at night already.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Did a lot of night skiing in the 60's and 70's. Slipping out on the unlit runs was always a special experience.

But to earn some turns on a moonlit night in fresh snow, that is magic. If you have done it you know, if you haven't (and you have the skill set) do.