• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
IMG_1948.jpg

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
My guest bedroom in the ski house. The Chew K2 rug was in a local ski shop and I put it on my Christmas list a few years ago. My wife was so embarrassed that she had to go in and offer $20 for a rug on their floor. They said fine, but wanted $25 !!

IMG_5208.JPG

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
K2 Swag
SKIING Nov 1974
SKIING Spring 1971

off that same order form, I bought : knee pads, fanny pack, Spider and Wayne posters, visor, scraper, double ski bag, pennant and factory worker shirt. Unfortunately, I only saved the fanny pack, Spider and Wayne posters and the factory worker shirt.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I remember the campaign. Why it stuck in my head is, I guess, good marketing.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil, is that an after market brake with the Look GT on the 610's? I do not remember the Look GT's coming with a brake.
It's a Geze brake. Ironic now that these are the same company now.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Spider Sabich in a March '71 pro race. The K2 Four came out the following season so I asssume he is on a prototype version with the red, white and blue bottom. Never seen that tip before.

IMG_6660.PNG

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
These 255's of Spiders are in the Colorado Ski Museum's warehouse. Volunteered there some but the "day job" got in the way. I will go back once I'm really retired. View attachment 27960

I would love to work there. I was in Vail last month but museum was closed for renovations.

Sponsor

Staff online