• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Advice needed - plug boot with lowest instep?

mzy

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Dear Experts,

Today I am in Lange WC ZA 2012/2013. Next season I want to replace the boots because I already had about 300 skiing days in them. My feets are slim and flat and Lange 2012/2013 heel pocket is a little wide for me. As far as I know Lange WC 2017/2018 is exactly the same construction as before. Can you advice me other boots with low instep and narrower heel pocket? Except Atomic - I hate thier colour for the next season.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
@ScotsSkier beat me to it. I think most will recommend a Head. Might also try a Doberman. People with a fairly high instep typically can't get into a Head without a ton of work. Might be a great choice

TS
M

mzy

Skier
Take a look at the Head Raptor B3 plug

Thank you for the advice. I was trying Head and Salomon - a lot of air around my ankle. Thinking about Tecnica 9.3 130 now.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
If going that route, absolutely consider getting the Head foam injected liner. They're awesome! And I agree with Scotskier... Remember that the B3 is much lower volume than the Raptor RS boots if it's the RS's you've been trying on.

TS
M

mzy

Skier
Thank you for the advice about foam liner! Probably good idea. I was trying Raptor B3 of course :)

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
I hate thier colour for the next season.

I'd wear the right boot no matter the color. You need to get over it. ogsmile

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Foam liners... I have two pretty different feet. The shells are sized for the small foot and the bigger foot shell is punched, ground, etc... The foam liner wraps my feet, especially the shaft of the leg, achilles area, etc... The liners don't feel 'hard' nor do they feel particularly stiffer, just more commensurately accurate left and right. The detachable tongue is great! . I doubt they're warm. Fortunately some boot heaters dropped in my lap last month... I chalk up the good fortune to clean living! ogsmile

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Foam liners... I have two pretty different feet. The shells are sized for the small foot and the bigger foot shell is punched, ground, etc... The foam liner wraps my feet, especially the shaft of the leg, achilles area, etc... The liners don't feel 'hard' nor do they feel particularly stiffer, just more commensurately accurate left and right. The detachable tongue is great! . I doubt they're warm. Fortunately some boot heaters dropped in my lap last month... I chalk up the good fortune to clean living! ogsmile

Thats a heck of a sacrifice to make just for some boot heaters.....:D :roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online