• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A completion to anow definct thread

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
About 2008, "Polarbear2020" started a thread on Epicski titled :
Queries about working as a Ski Instructor in Italy. Please HELP!!!

Late, too late I noticed it, only this spring, having transitioned from avid poster and mod to lurker and very infrequent poster...
So, hoping to make amend, here my understanding of the process in hoping it will be of help to someone (as time will pas, take it with more than a pinch of salt) who is still looking into it..

Basically any ski instructor can teach in any region in Italy for a limited period each winter, iirc about two weeks worth time, provided he/she will notify the italian regional ski instructors council beforehand and will also come down with his/her own group of students from his/her home country. If one wants to permanently teach (and maybe reside in Italy), then needs to be a fully certified instructor in his/her country, needs to have passed the eurotest (timed and pace setted) GS race and the eurosecurite'course (freeride).
Once that is done, then can apply to the Tourism Ministry in Rome and have his/her license recognised as fully equivalent to the Italian one (in fact one will receive and Italian license). Then pay the yearly association fees to the italian ski instructor's association and join a local ski school (or set to work privately) and one's as good as it goes(both licenses might be kept alive, IIRC)...

Many, many years ago, when I was little more than a toddler, one of my ski instructors was in fact an american girl, who came over to teach at an italian ski school (for a winter season IIRC)