• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Trip Reports 34 Days in the Cascade BC

Posaune

sliding
Skier
This article in the Seattle Times came out today:
http://www.seattletimes.com/life/ou...ss-to-the-canadian-border-in-34-days-on-skis/

The section of the Cascade range that these guys traversed on skis is the most rugged and remote part as a few of the pictures show. I've hiked a lot of it in the summer months after most of the snow is gone, but this trip is hard to get my mind around. These guys really did an amazing thing. Boy, howdy!

TS
Posaune

Posaune

sliding
Skier
The thing that gets me about this trip is how remote most of the terrain is. You cross two highways, but other than that you don't get close to civilization anywhere and the terrain, snowpack, and possibly weather, are pretty extreme. You pass through several federal wilderness areas, a National Park, and a National Recreation Area. In the winter there is literally nobody along your route almost the entire way. Some of the re-supply points required others to ski the stuff in to them if the map is correct, only two have vehicle access in the early spring.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Very cool, thanks for posting!

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In the summer I look at that terrain most days (weather permitting). We've been up, down, and around in it for many years so have the highest regard for those two and the trip they accomplished. It's really incredible.

Jack

Sponsor