• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review 2024 Tyrolia Bindings

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
@Philpug I measured delta on my Attack14 to be 2mm. Am I measuring it wrong or the data in the table subject manufacturer caveats?

For what it’s worth, two Attack13 measured 2mm, and Attack13 Demo measured 1mm. Using digital caliper. Measuring from ski base to top of AFD and to top of heel piece where the boot sole sits.

And thank you for putting the data tables together.

The data posted in the tables is straight from Tyrolia.

Consider that you don't know exactly where Tyrolia is taking the measurement. Also, I measure delta using a boot in the binding. If you're really concerned about delta, then measure from the bottom of the ski to the bottom of the boot. This takes into account how ski thickness can modify the delta seen. Don't assume every ski is equally thick below the toe and below the heel.

Lvovsky /Pasha/Pavel

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
The data posted in the tables is straight from Tyrolia.

Consider that you don't know exactly where Tyrolia is taking the measurement. Also, I measure delta using a boot in the binding. If you're really concerned about delta, then measure from the bottom of the ski to the bottom of the boot. This takes into account how ski thickness can modify the delta seen. Don't assume every ski is equally thick below the toe and below the heel.

Good point about ski thickness. I measured from the bottom of the to surfaces where boot would be touching. Will repeat with boots clicked in.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I measured delta on my Attack14 to be 2mm. Am I measuring it wrong or the data in the table subject manufacturer caveats?
Unless you have raised the AFD all the way to it’s top height of 15mm(heel is 17mm), you will usually be a bit more than 2mm delta on an Attack2 11/12/13/14/16/17/18 GW. At its top height of 15mm, the boot(unless worn) would not release correctly as the toe is clamped too tight. At around 14.5mm or a bit lower AFD height, the boot will release properly as it’s not too tight but it’s tight enough so there’s no extra movement or slack.
The service manual has been more accurate with the toe heights vs their website and list the adjustable AFD Toe height as 12-15mm high and the heels at 17mm high on the current Attack2 GW models. The bindings come out of the box and mounted with the AFD at 12mm and then adjusted up afterwards.

The great thing about the Attack2 GW versions is you can visually see a low or unadjusted AFD by looking at the screws heads above the Silver AFD. They should be 1/3 to 1/2 covered after adjustment so I usually just adjust up till they are 1/4 covered and then measuring.
So check your Attack 14 GW screw heads for comparison.

Pre-adjustment pic with AFD about 2.5mm low at 12mm and obvious gap from boot toe to top of binding lug. Extra delta, lots of wasted energy in binding play and could result in a pre-release. Unfortunately, very commonly low on Attack bindings.

IMG_3604.jpeg IMG_3605.jpeg

AFD adjusted up to 14.5mm height with screw heads now about 1/2 covered and lack of gap to the top of binding lug.

IMG_3607.jpeg IMG_3608.jpeg

ThePeople'sLifty

Mountain Warrior
Skier
Picked up these Attack 14s for short money. Swapped over from griffons figured I have a new stick maybe try some new bindings. VERY happy with them. Easier to click into and something about them feels more stable than the markers despite there seemingly cheaper construction.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 33

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
@Philpug I measured delta on my Attack14 to be 2mm. Am I measuring it wrong or the data in the table subject manufacturer caveats?

For what it’s worth, two Attack13 measured 2mm, and Attack13 Demo measured 1mm. Using digital caliper. Measuring from ski base to top of AFD and to top of heel piece where the boot sole sits.

And thank you for putting the data tables together.

BTW - All my Attack2 bindings measure 3mm delta on my skis (I have 6 pairs of these bindings in my active quiver).

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Picked up these Attack 14s for short money. Swapped over from griffons figured I have a new stick maybe try some new bindings. VERY happy with them. Easier to click into and something about them feels more stable than the markers despite there seemingly cheaper construction.
Those have yet to have their AFD adjusted yet so would feel very loose and could possibly pre-release. The tech must have forgot to adjust them.
Whenever you can see the entire screw head above the silver AFD they are low let alone space to the edge of the screw heads!

You’ll love them much more after adjust as they will feel much more secure with much less sloop.

DM message me if you’d like a walk through on how to adjust the AFD if you aren’t bringing them in somewhere.

Sponsor

Staff online