• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018 Gathering UTAH March 3-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
My only ask is that for the weekend warriors out there, can you please designate which weekend we should try to attend if the week covers more than one or straddles a week? This year's was listed as Sunday to Saturday which hurt my ability to attend, not knowing if more people would arrive early or stay late.

Dryheat,
At the time of the initial destination, full details and dates are very much to be decided, and, generally are not set until sometime in the fall. Having said that, there is no need to be there on the first day, last day, and all days in between. If it starts on Sunday, many will fly in and ski Saturday. Others opt to fly in mid-week and ski through the following weekend. Good news at SLC is there a a ton of motels near the access road to Alta/Bird so inexpensive housing is available. Gatherings are a "do your own thing" type of event, other than the early morning meet-up.
Trust the Gathermeister, all will become clear in plenty of time to make plans. Each week I have been, remains a cherised memory.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I will ask...If you have intentions of buying Mountain Collective Passes, and I am sure you are, please hold for a bit. I have reached out to them to see if they can do something for us. Give me a few weeks.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Living Proof -- I hope you make it out. We have some beer to drink. Maybe some brown liquor too. Probably even make a few turns.

Well this one I might be able to attend! Presuming I'm allowed into the US... :eek:

Bring some of those little sugar maple leafs.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
Dryheat,
At the time of the initial destination, full details and dates are very much to be decided, and, generally are not set until sometime in the fall. Having said that, there is no need to be there on the first day, last day, and all days in between..

What makes the gatherings great (I did attend Aspen) was the community. As much as its nice to say just show up opening weekend, if its only going to align with 1 of the official ski days, its hard to justify since so many people will still be in transit.

Instead of the gathering March 3-5th this year, I was in SLC...oh the irony.
@Philpug - I realize its early, but it might also be worth contacting the Holladay and Midvale hotels to see if they're willing to play ball on a group rate. I'm a big fan of the Hyatt Holladay but I'm sure there will be Marriott traveling loyalists out there.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I will ask...If you have intentions of buying Mountain Collective Passes, and I am sure you are, please hold for a bit. I have reached out to them to see if they can do something for us. Give me a few weeks.

NIce to have have friends in the ski biz. :beercheer:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Tell them to add more days at any resort. Not saying to allow the full 28 days to be used at the same place but maybe allow dividing them into 4-5 resorts if one desires (any resorts from the collective) instead of having just 2 days at each place.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tell them to add more days at any resort. Not saying to allow the full 28 days to be used at the same place but maybe allow dividing them into 4-5 resorts if one desires (any resorts from the collective) instead of having just 2 days at each place.
I am not going to tell them anything, I might ask for a few things. ;)

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Too late. :doh:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Too late. :doh:

I'm willing to bet that any special arrangement Phil-the-Gathermeister is able to arrange for Pugskiers, could be retroactive to those who already purchased the pass. Just a guess. Or wishful thinking....

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What makes the gatherings great (I did attend Aspen) was the community. As much as its nice to say just show up opening weekend, if its only going to align with 1 of the official ski days, its hard to justify since so many people will still be in transit.

Yes, I will be looking to "Make The Gatherings great again", sorry, just too easy since your comment was like a big softball tossed up. No disrespect to the previous GM's, all did awesome jobs, here in Whistler, @Lady Salina, @mdf in Aspen, and @jgiddyup previously in Utah. Mike and Jim showed that you could be a good GM remotely, as I will be doing in Utah. Timing is key with working with my manufacturer connections but I hoping to do something special like I did in previous Tahoe Gatherings.

@Philpug - I realize its early, but it might also be worth contacting the Holladay and Midvale hotels to see if they're willing to play ball on a group rate. I'm a big fan of the Hyatt Holladay but I'm sure there will be Marriott traveling loyalists out there.

Sorry, I will respectfully say, "Not my job, man". It is not in The Gathermeisters job description to set up housing/lodging. There is enough herding of cats with the other reponsabilities and people have their own budgets and housing ideas and other than the Three Amigos, @SKI-3PO , @JohnL and @Gary Stolt all are different.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Instead of the gathering March 3-5th this year, I was in SLC...oh the irony.

It's not too early to start planning. I'm dating someone in Midvale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor