• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018 Gathering UTAH March 3-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm hoping you can get out here again with better conditions. It doesn't sound like Alta was much better. That was one crazy 3-week warm, dry spell, and I'm glad it's over!
The timing may work out great, so we are going to plan for it!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I have pulled the trigger on a MCP. I finally decided on Snowbird for the extra "free" day being heavily influenced by the Gathering schedule. Extra 50% off days at Jackson Hole will be weather dependent as will extra days at the 9 different MCP resorts that I intend to visit in 2018.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm just a little excited :)

You're not alone in being excited :) :thumb: I can't wait to get back to Utah.
Well then....since we're all excited, lets forget 2018. Lets do it now! Right now. Load up the car, wax the skis and meet you at Snowbasin tomorrow!!!
Ooops, I have to work tomorrow.

I am hoping that day 1 (Sunday) is at Snowbasin for 2 reasons.

a) People that are arriving early can do Saturday and Sunday at Snowbasin consecutively and possibly stay in Ogden and then move to Sandy/Midvale/LCC for the rest of the week. So minimizes traveling.

b) Alta/Snowbird will then be midweek and a lot less of a traffic jam if it snows compared to trying to get up LCC on a weekend powder day.
This is definitely a good plan of action. I'm sure it(or something like it) will be considered.

TahoeCharlie

...Major Tom...
Skier
I am hoping that day 1 (Sunday) is at Snowbasin for 2 reasons.

a) People that are arriving early can do Saturday and Sunday at Snowbasin consecutively and possibly stay in Ogden and then move to Sandy/Midvale/LCC for the rest of the week. So minimizes traveling.

b) Alta/Snowbird will then be midweek and a lot less of a traffic jam if it snows compared to trying to get up LCC on a weekend powder day.
Totally agree with this and strongly recommend it Snowbasin is MUCH less crowded on weekends then LCC plus three lifts over 2k vert. Also most of the mtn is skiable top to bottom- 3k vert - as "one" run.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well then....since we're all excited, lets forget 2018. Lets do it now! Right now. Load up the car, wax the skis and meet you at Snowbasin tomorrow!!!
Ooops, I have to work tomorrow.

This is definitely a good plan of action. I'm sure it(or something like it) will be considered.
Oops, I'll be in Sun Valley tomorrow! :D

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So is it confirmed that all skiing will be done at Beaver and Sundance? Can't have too much Beaver:)

Love the Beav! I could be coaxed into a day up there. Apparently, they have some good terrain you can shuttle from.
16195796_10212141075508465_8633513758245263643_n.jpg

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I find it somewhat ironic and amusing that in a relatively conservative state, LDS to boot, in a small town community like Cache Valley, they have ski areas with sexual double entendres: "Beaver Mt" and "Cherry Point."

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I find it somewhat ironic and amusing that in a relatively conservative state, LDS to boot, in a small town community like Cache Valley, they have ski areas with sexual double entendres: "Beaver Mt" and "Cherry Point."
Right?? They have to push back SOMEHOW. The counter-culture here is strong.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There's actually incredible tolerance of almost anything that will support the birth rate.

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
darn.....couldn't join and sneak past administration. (hi seg)

You are right mdf, it's a Utah thread so........MCP has been purchased. 6 days of Gathering again in Utah (Great suggestion Phil) with no extra tickets to purchase above and beyond the cost of the pass itself......Utah snow. Lots of people I know...cheap lodging in SLC. This is a no-brainer.

I'll all but bet this event sets a new record for participants.

Well wow howa bout that? @Uncle Louie is coming I'm in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor