• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018 Gathering UTAH March 3-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have spent almost two weeks trying to connect with Mountain Collective with minimal progress. I was able to actually get to the person who (supposedly) was in charge of their affiliate programs but he has yet to reply to me (after almost a week) so I am not holdign out hope. I really do not understand the silence, I am confident that we would be selling 50-75 passes just gfor the Gathering plus another 200-300 on the site. So, I would suggest not waiting if you are going to buy the pass and just make your purchase.

Thanks for the update and trying to get it done. I've already purchased mine but hopefully others will be able to get a deal.

Are we getting closer on settling the dates and itinerary? I know we've got lots of time but it'd be nice to know. I'd make my arrangements tomorrow if I could! ogsmile

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just purchased mine. To retaliate for them making Phil spin his wheels, where they asked for my location I indicated Tajikstan. If they can't invest in customer relations I'm not investing in their market research.

I encourage everyone to join this protest, if not by setting up tents in Central Park this summer then by skewing their location data all to hell. I think we can be every bit as successful as Occupy Wall Street.

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks for the update and trying to get it done. I've already purchased mine but hopefully others will be able to get a deal.

Are we getting closer on settling the dates and itinerary? I know we've got lots of time but it'd be nice to know. I'd make my arrangements tomorrow if I could! ogsmile
I am working on dates, itineralty willl not be decided until the fall. I will tell you that it will be primariy held at Snowbird, Alta and Snopwbasin.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am working on dates, itineralty willl not be decided until the fall. I will tell you that it will be primariy held at Snowbird, Alta and Snopwbasin.

Thanks. I figured it was them but will wait until I know the itinerary before booking anything as I'm thinking of staying at Goldminer's again. Can't easily do that on the Snowbasin days :)

Dadskier

Getting off the lift
Skier

I vote for a Pugski Party Bus shuttle! At least for the trips to Snowbasin ...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I just purchased mine. To retaliate for them making Phil spin his wheels, where they asked for my location I indicated Tajikstan. If they can't invest in customer relations I'm not investing in their market research.

I encourage everyone to join this protest, if not by setting up tents in Central Park this summer then by skewing their location data all to hell. I think we can be every bit as successful as Occupy Wall Street.
Maybe your location should have been Pugski.com ;)

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's a drop down box where they give you the location options. Maybe Phil should contact them and ask that they add that.
Honestly, if they want to combat the Epic Pass, what better avenue than here?

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

For those of us who in Tajikistan live, I hope you our hospitality gracious, enjoyed.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

I kind of assumed that was a given. Now, any clues on which of those three I should designate as my bonus 3rd day when I purchase the MCP? Or should I just assume that's my own business, on my own time, outside of any official Gathering days?

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I kind of assumed that was a given. Now, any clues on which of those three I should designate as my bonus 3rd day when I purchase the MCP? Or should I just assume that's my own business, on my own time, outside of any official Gathering days?
Option 3: move here and then it doesn't really matter.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for trying and thanks for the update.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have spent almost two weeks trying to connect with Mountain Collective with minimal progress. I was able to actually get to the person who (supposedly) was in charge of their affiliate programs but he has yet to reply to me (after almost a week) so I am not holdign out hope. I really do not understand the silence, I am confident that we would be selling 50-75 passes just gfor the Gathering plus another 200-300 on the site. So, I would suggest not waiting if you are going to buy the pass and just make your purchase.

Honestly, if they want to combat the Epic Pass, what better avenue than here?

Why, the nerve of those people! Well, screw the MCP, let's all get the Epic Pass and go to Park City. That'll teach 'em.:duck:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, the drive from LCC to Snowbasin isn't THAT bad, for those of you who want to stay in that area. On the flip side, the drive from Ogden to any of the 3 also isn't that bad. The drive from my house to Snowbasin is as close as anything, but the inn is already full here! ;)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug can confirm this, but I believe its the intent to stick with a 6 day program for the official gathering and let others decide if/when/where they want to spend the day previous and the day after. That being said, I'm sure you can pick any of the 3 as your bonus day and it will be awesome.

When we did the Summit/Eagle county Gathering with @Uncle Louie that was the program - 2 each at Breck, Vail and Arapahoe Basin, with a bonus day, which many of us spent at Copper, at the end to ski where you wanted.
We did something similar at Tahoe, when many folks took the extra day and went to Rose or Squaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid