• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2017 NEW Swag Coming Through Your Donations

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes, we will be shamelessly campaigning for yoru donations this coming season. I will say donating to Pugski will make more difference in your day to day life than giving to Trumary. Here is a hint as far as what to expect....

IMG_0047.JPG
You might have seen some of our test team models sporting these at A-Basin for the first T.I.T.S.O.T. Y. We now have some knit wits, a snugger knit and a pom-pommed version. You will have a choice at the $50 donation level. We are also working on some other new levels too. Please don't think you will need to wait; if you want to donate, we will accept any and every amount and will make sure if we add any niceties, you will get them.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have had a few PM's from people who want both a knit and baseball cap. If you will be donating this year and helping to fund the the site, we added an option where you can get both a baseball and knit hat for a low $25.00 upgrade over the regular hat donation. DONATE page. Just let us know if you want the blue or tan baseball cap and the pom-pom or skull knit hats.

Thanks,

Phil, @Tricia and @Ziggy

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The pom-pom and the snugger knits are both super sweet! The Colorado Crew wore them at Abasin yesterday...they fit all head sizes!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The pom-pom and the snugger knits are both super sweet! The Pugski Test Team wore them at Abasin yesterday...they fit all head sizes!
14729291_1134527429971526_2661949077474340729_n.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I plan to make annual contributions just like we did at that other site before it went corporate. It is my belief that when folks contribute to the financial viability of the community they/we share a vested interest in the success of that community and that bonds us together on more than one level. It is my belief that when that other place went to an entirely ad funded model instead of supporter funded at least in part the morale and morals went downhill and fast. When most people don't have a vested interest those people are more likely to act like asshats to each other rather than taking the high road and working together or at least discussing/debating things civilly and rationally.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We've talked about the donation button on more than one occasion because we do get PM's about different thoughts and ideas regarding site support.

While we are working on getting more advertising, because its necessary to pay the bills, we also realize the points that @crgildart posted are important for overall community growth.

So, we will continue to find gifts that we can send to you when you donate.
These PugSki gifts will serve a couple purposes
  • Thank you for your continued contributions
  • Put the PugSki.com logo out there so you can help plug the pug
  • Create a sense of ownership on this site.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I would love to see all membership as an annual fee for the reasons listed above.

Can you elaborate? Are you saying that we should be able to set it up as recurring? Are you saying people shouldn't be able to read or post in the forum unless they pay? Something else?

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Can you elaborate? Are you saying that we should be able to set it up as recurring? Are you saying people shouldn't be able to read or post in the forum unless they pay? Something else?
My own 3 cents...
1. People should be able to read/post without paying. (But need to sign-up to post) I personally avoid forums that require paid membership to read posts.
2. For those that would like to donate money, there should be an option to do a 1 time or some type of recurring.
3. Maybe this would be considered a *membership* to Pugski and there might be an area on the forum for "members only".

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
  • A "pay to view type" membership was never on our radar.
  • We not fans of "Members Only" sections.
  • We will not have special badges for those who donate and support us. We welcome any and all donations and do not want those who either do not nor cannot afford to donate to feel like they are not as welcome as anyone else is.
  • The hats & other swag are just as thank you's for your generosity.

AaronFM

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Just donated a couple weeks ago. What can I do to get a pom-pom hat?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have had a few PM's from people who want both a knit and baseball cap. If you will be donating this year and helping to fund the the site, we added an option where you can get both a baseball and knit hat for a low $25.00 upgrade over the regular hat donation. DONATE page. Just let us know if you want the blue or tan baseball cap and the pom-pom or skull knit hats.

Thanks,

Phil, @Tricia and @Ziggy

Just donated a couple weeks ago. What can I do to get a pom-pom hat?

See above post, additional hat is $25.00

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
That was an interesting read. The last 2 years have been dismal for my skiing "career", but I'm now full blast, and ready to provide some reviews on ski's that the majority here won't be interested in, and a few they may. But would never have considered.

Wait what? Wrong thread, or did I miss something?