• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2016-2017 Four Corners (AZ, NM, S.CO) Weather & Conditions

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Here is the info:

- Lifts 1, 2, 4, and 12 will be running Tuesday April 4th - Sunday the 9th.
- Lifts 1, 2 & 4 will run from 10am until 4pm. Lift 12 will close at 2:45pm.
- No beginner lifts will be running during the extended period.
- Only Private Snowsports lessons will be offered April 4th – 9th.
- Mountain Collective Passes will be valid during the extension period.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Taos is reopening tomorrow for the rest of the week! $20 tickets. I think they are spinning 1, 2, 4, and 7? I can't find where I read it.

I'm headed up right now. Should be a fun day.

Finished putting the Santa Fe ski area to bed for the season yesterday. We got some absolutely great powder runs in between carrying equipment, tower pads, signs, ropes, and tons o' 'boo down and stashing it.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm headed up right now. Should be a fun day.

Finished putting the Santa Fe ski area to bed for the season yesterday. We got some absolutely great powder runs in between carrying equipment, tower pads, signs, ropes, and tons o' 'boo down and stashing it.
Jealous. But after all you guys do for all of us all season, the least we could do is wish you a powder day with the mountain to yourselves. XOXO Ski Patrol!

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Jealous. But after all you guys do for all of us all season, the least we could do is wish you a powder day with the mountain to yourselves. XOXO Ski Patrol!

Awww, thanks! :hug:

But today was jealousy-inducing as shit. So yeah, $20 tickets at Taos (yes!), for a totally bluebird, wind-free day. The new snow from a day or two ago had been somewhat worked but it still skied great. I hooked up with five other Santa Fe patrollers and a handful of SF ski schoolers and we just romped!

The West Basin was in great shape - Stauffie was a blast:
74160E6D-82B5-438B-8578-B6AE454A1FDF_zpsj1zlyvkj.jpg

As was Treskcow ridge and the K chutes, and look at the backcountry - it's gonna be so good!:
BD945082-7426-4279-8706-7304D059AA99_zps99z09f9f.jpg

Super-fun runs off the ridge and Kachina, beers and food served by dirndl-clad waitstaff on the sun-drenched deck of the Bavarian...and the cherry on the ice cream sundae of today was when we pitched in to help the Taos patrol with sweep. I got Echs glade - a very cool steep frontside shot. :yahoo:

What a great day.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
I had planned on going up this weekend but MGA's writeup is a bit souring. Looking at the forecast, things will be turning colder this week where I think the base will freeze again. Will probably go up Saturday to close out the season.

I'm headed to Loveland to burn some free days the following weekend for their closing.

NPhoenix

Joe G
Skier
Over here now and it's sad to see Epicski go.

It looks like I might be staying home more next winter so I'm really looking at the Powerpass. I already have the Mountain collective for next year as that was too good a deal to pass up with the kids for $1. The Powerpass 3 day partners seem good to me. Loveland, Copper, Powmow, Targhee, Monarch, etc. I've read some unhappy changing of these in the past. What's the deal? In addition, how often did you make it up to Durango? I could also see visiting the New Mexico areas on a trip to Taos.

Looks like I need to pull the trigger in the next couple of days.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Over here now and it's sad to see Epicski go.

It looks like I might be staying home more next winter so I'm really looking at the Powerpass. I already have the Mountain collective for next year as that was too good a deal to pass up with the kids for $1. The Powerpass 3 day partners seem good to me. Loveland, Copper, Powmow, Targhee, Monarch, etc. I've read some unhappy changing of these in the past. What's the deal? In addition, how often did you make it up to Durango? I could also see visiting the New Mexico areas on a trip to Taos.

Looks like I need to pull the trigger in the next couple of days.

If you plan on a couple trips to CO or NM the Powerpass is a no brainer. I get a ton of value out of the partner days.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I had planned on going up this weekend but MGA's writeup is a bit souring. Looking at the forecast, things will be turning colder this week where I think the base will freeze again. Will probably go up Saturday to close out the season.

I'm headed to Loveland to burn some free days the following weekend for their closing.

Yeah, I will probably close out my season up there this weekend too. Conditions look pretty iffy on the webcams but props to them for staying open. Cheers to a great season.

NPhoenix

Joe G
Skier

Check out southwest. If you're really flexible you can do $82 round trip (PHX-DEN), we've flown the redeye flights countless times and if you get there early you can try to get the standby on the earlier flights . American usually matches but you have to pay for bags/skis. More reasonable Friday night to Monday prices aren't bad either. I've driven the route many times too.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
Yeah, I will probably close out my season up there this weekend too. Conditions look pretty iffy on the webcams but props to them for staying open. Cheers to a great season.
You thinking Saturday or Sunday?

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
Check out southwest. If you're really flexible you can do $82 round trip (PHX-DEN), we've flown the redeye flights countless times and if you get there early you can try to get the standby on the earlier flights . American usually matches but you have to pay for bags/skis. More reasonable Friday night to Monday prices aren't bad either. I've driven the route many times too.
This one was a touch more at 190 with 10day adv purchase because I couldn't catch the last flight of the night.

It was zero out of pocket due to $160 of travel credit from $82 RT's that were booked and cancelled back in January combined with $450 earned in LUV vouchers for being stranded twice overnight twice in a 6 dayspan.

4 day rental car - $68
Lift Tickets- $0
Sofa - $0 (payback from many previous visits)

Last edited:

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online