• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
You ski like a ski instructor.

That's the 2nd time I've heard that when skiing bumps this season. The other guy asked if I was PSIA :huh:. Funny thing is I've only skied bumps twice this year & my skis are too wide to get my feet any closer together ogwink. They do not exist at Snowbasin or Powder Mountain, so it's kind of exciting when I find some softies.

Last edited:
TS
Jed Peters

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
That's the 2nd time I've heard that when skiing bumps this season. The other guy asked if I was PSIA :huh:. Funny thing is I've only skied bumps twice this year. They do not exist at Snowbasin or Powder Mountain, so it's kind of exciting when I find some softies.

You're forgetting I've skied bumps with you :)

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Have they allowed this during past Vail-owned seasons?

"We are closed, however you can hike our terrain.
Please call our trail hotline at 209.258.7444 before hiking to get the most updated terrain information.
Safety first!"

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Have they allowed this during past Vail-owned seasons?

"We are closed, however you can hike our terrain.
Please call our trail hotline at 209.258.7444 before hiking to get the most updated terrain information.
Safety first!"
No. They had security run people off who crossed Kirkwood's property to ski terrain on National Forest land.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Mt Rose now has deals for the month of May. They'll be open Thurs to Sunday.

Starting Thursday, April 27, lift tickets are available for $60 for adults ages 16-over, and $30 for children ages 6-15. Skiers and riders can also take advantage of the following deals through the end of the season:

• $99 Four Friends Pack: Lift tickets for up to four people. Tickets must be used on the same day.
  • $25 Locals Sundays: All residents within a one hour drive radius of Mount Rose are eligible, including Reno, Sparks, Carson City, Minden, Gardnerville, North Lake Tahoe, South Lake Tahoe and Truckee. Local ID must be presented. Valid Sundays from April 30 through May 28.
  • $29 Ladies Day Thursdays: Mount Rose Ski Tahoe will continue offering this weekly special through the end of the season.
Best is Just round up 4 people & ski for $25 each ! (ref: tahoeskiworld.com)

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Welp....On the plane to get back to work tomorrow am.... Today was the last day of my season:eek:

Thanks to all for making this such an awesome season end for me...despite today's not so amazing conditions...cheers @Philpug @Tricia @Unpiste @textrovert @skibob @nyquist @Toni @Andy Mink and all the others i met.

This really is an amazing community

Unpiste

Booting down
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Welp....On the plane to get back to work tomorrow am.... Today was the last day of my season:eek:

Thanks to all for making this such an awesome season end for me...despite today's not so amazing conditions...cheers @Philpug @Tricia @Unpiste @textrovert @skibob @nyquist @Toni @Andy Mink and all the others i met.

I was sorry to see all the wind holds today. Hope you had a good visit anyway, though.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Sorry we couldn't make it out yesterday but we had a feeling the whole Epicski thng was going to go down at any time and needed to be ready.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Mt Rose now has deals for the month of May. They'll be open Thurs to Sunday.

Starting Thursday, April 27, lift tickets are available for $60 for adults ages 16-over, and $30 for children ages 6-15. Skiers and riders can also take advantage of the following deals through the end of the season:

• $99 Four Friends Pack: Lift tickets for up to four people. Tickets must be used on the same day.
  • $25 Locals Sundays: All residents within a one hour drive radius of Mount Rose are eligible, including Reno, Sparks, Carson City, Minden, Gardnerville, North Lake Tahoe, South Lake Tahoe and Truckee. Local ID must be presented. Valid Sundays from April 30 through May 28.
  • $29 Ladies Day Thursdays: Mount Rose Ski Tahoe will continue offering this weekly special through the end of the season.
Best is Just round up 4 people & ski for $25 each ! (ref: tahoeskiworld.com)

Thank you, John. And well done, Mt Rose! This is how you stay open an extra month. People will not pony up a full ticket for 3 hours of skiing, 9 to 12. Well, I just did in Sugar Bowl last Saturday, but I am crazy :)

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That's what I thought...

Wonder if it's just an enthusiastic Instagram account runner who will soon have to post a "correction" :huh:

on their Facebook, they are explaining on multiple posts that they are generally open for uphill. they say the call first is for a good reason because they still might be doing work or snow safety. Not just because they are mean. I would take them at their word until I got personally shooed away.

Last edited:

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Had my last day at kirkwood closing last week.

But I'm doing everybody a favor and examining the 2017 2018 snow base for conditions

So far truly bottomless but the moguls come out of nowhere and keep moving.

snow ratio 1:1 though a bit heavy

Attachments

• 20170424_123633.jpg
    821.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20170424_124411.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 20170424_124304.jpg
    20170424_124304.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

4ster

Instructor
Incredible day at Squaw today! So much snow there should be some great days to come.

image.jpeg

2 Funi's, 10 Headwalls, 2 KT's & 3 Red Dogs between 9:30 & 2:30. About 7" fresh dense snow up top & maybe an inch down low. Broken clouds all day & above mid mountain never really got sticky. Even Sun Bowl although heavy in the afternoon, never got grabby. Everything a little lower than say bottom of Siberia was sucking pretty bad by 1pm.

The bonus for the day was running into Mikaela Shiffrin training & testing skis on Red Dog! Same hill as the World Cup race last month.
She had quite the entourage & a full length GS course all for herself.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

After her training was done, the hill opened for public so we skied a few runs. Gives even a greater appreciation for what top racers can do. That hill is a MONSTER!:eek: & that young lady is other worldly! :hail::hail::hail:

4ster

Instructor
image.jpeg

I believe she is there one more day.
I heard they wanted her to train at a Vail resort but nothing was steep enough & Kirkwood was closed. They did tell her she could hike there though. ogwink :hail::hail::hail:

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
View attachment 22874

I believe she is there one more day.
I heard they wanted her to train at a Vail resort but nothing was steep enough & Kirkwood was closed. They did tell her she could hike there though. ogwink :hail::hail::hail:
I know this isn't the thread for it, but can somebody explain to me why she is not "backseat" in this photo? Don't misunderstand me, I know I'm wrong. I'd like to understand how I'm wrong.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
@skibob My understanding is that she's in the portion of the @Bob Barnes infinity animation where her feet have moved around and in front. The body now has to catch up by taking the straight path forward. So each turn is effectively body/centre-of-mass moving from back to front taking a short path while the feet/skis/base-of-support takes the long path and for some sections are ahead.

Edit: here is the animation-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online